There are 186 users in the forums

Antonio Mafi - IOL UCLA

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/story/2023-02-08/atonio-mafi-nfl-draft-diary-shrine-bowl

Another underdog under the radar guy.
I think this kid will be a 49er.

Saw him on GM Football yesterday
Both their (UCLA) guards are underrated
Too heavy and slow in this offense IMO. Great story. Wish the guy well. But I'd rather have a plus athlete at 275 put on weight to get to 325 then a 400+ pounder dropping down to 350. Tennessee or Seattle or somebody who wants to go power run, they might get some value here.
Would much rather have his teammate Jon Gaines II who can play all three IOL positions and is more athletic than Mafi.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/jon-gaines-ii-a6f975ab-c3bb-42ba-91f0-becb0590fc62/
🥞

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/25/atonio-mafi-nfl-draft-top-30-visit-49ers/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Would much rather have his teammate Jon Gaines II who can play all three IOL positions and is more athletic than Mafi.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/jon-gaines-ii-a6f975ab-c3bb-42ba-91f0-becb0590fc62/

True, but I believe Mafi has only scratched the surface of what he will become with the late switch to OL. I think Mafi becomes better than Gaines in the long run
Us meeting with him is another sign of how we've shifted in philosophy somewhat. Personally I'd rather not, but thinking they spend a year getting him to remake his body- this is okay if he's a 6th or 7th round pick, but Mafi should go higher.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Us meeting with him is another sign of how we've shifted in philosophy somewhat. Personally I'd rather not, but thinking they spend a year getting him to remake his body- this is okay if he's a 6th or 7th round pick, but Mafi should go higher.

I think he would be one of the steals of the draft if he's there in round 6-7.

converted D-Lineman to the OL, in one year last year he made the conversion and was UCLAs best OL last year
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
converted D-Lineman to the OL, in one year last year he made the conversion and was UCLAs best OL last year

His position is too important for him not to be on a NFL team via draft or UDFA.
This guy is still available
want
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,389
Just another guy we won't pick 😂
Share 49ersWebzone