LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 239 users in the forums

2023 NFL combine

Starts today

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 27, 2023 at 5:15 AM ]
Bummer

Can't wait for Bryce Young's measurements.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bummer

dang he's one of the top safeties too that we may could get. wonder how long his recovery time might be?
When do measurements get posted? First hurdle to clear for most prospects will be whether the NFL's measurements either confirm or debunk their college program's measurements. Should be an interesting week, especially for the QB prospects.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Bummer

dang he's one of the top safeties too that we may could get. wonder how long his recovery time might be?

this depends if the muscle itself is ruptured or the tendon is pulled away from the bone. the latter might require surgery and probably at least 3-4 month. recovery of a muscle rupture itself depends on severity of the rupture, can be anything from 3 weeks to month
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

5' 10 and 1/2 according to mcshay

thats just a notch taller than murray if i am not wrong
Bummer

"tore his pec in training Friday"

Sounds like a 49er to me.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Bummer

"tore his pec in training Friday"

Sounds like a 49er to me.

Trade up and draft him
Lynch will meet with the media at the NFL Scouting Combine on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. ET from the facilities at Lucas Oil Stadium.

The first few days are reserved for orientation, and the actual on-field workouts won't commence until Thursday, March 2.

However, Lynch and plenty of other front office types will be engaged in meetings, getting to know prospects and so on. Meanwhile, invited prospects will also be landing with agents, going through physicals and conducting interviews with teams.

Lynch probably won't speak too much on those items, as this time of year is a classic "smoke and mirrors" campaign to hide the Niners' true intentions (every other team does this, too).

-------------------------

Lynch (smoke and mirrors): We're completely content with both the health and abilities of Lance and Purdy. Drafting a QB is not in our plans.

Lynch (true intentions): If we completely rely on the health and abilities of Lance and Purdy, we're f**ked. Damn yeah, we're picking a QB.
[ Edited by ComeOnDeberg on Feb 27, 2023 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

I think QB height can be a little overblown. Yeah he isnt prototypical but if he can pass in the pocket in college at an elite level he'll be ok in the NFL. Kyler Murray does just fine with it, its just the other stuff holding him back from being elite.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

I think QB height can be a little overblown. Yeah he isnt prototypical but if he can pass in the pocket in college at an elite level he'll be ok in the NFL. Kyler Murray does just fine with it, its just the other stuff holding him back from being elite.

I saw somewhere that it is believed that Bryce Young is going to weigh in at 194lbs. If he's really that light, that might be more of an issue.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I saw somewhere that it is believed that Bryce Young is going to weigh in at 194lbs. If he's really that light, that might be more of an issue.

Yup, this QB Richardson is really intriguing imo he will work out and has more prototype size
Share 49ersWebzone