Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Jcool:

We meet with him

Run blocker who struggles with power rushes. We got a type

Physically, he seems like McGlinchey 2.0

Does he struggle in pass-pro? I haven't watched anything on him

Just going off of Draft networks scouting report. But getting McGlinchey in the 3rd round with more athleticism isn't bad. Spending the 9th pick passing on legit all pros for him is bad

We meet with him

Just going off of Draft networks scouting report. But getting McGlinchey in the 3rd round with more athleticism isn't bad. Spending the 9th pick passing on legit all pros for him is bad

That one...

We meet with him

He does,and he doesnt play the best competition. Ultimately, we'd be gambling that he's more Kolton Miller and less Mike McGlinchey, and it is farrrr from a guarantee that he even is ever able to play at MMs level.

His biggest weakness is his height...he loses the leverage battle constantly, doesn't have the flexibility to sink down, and has a super thin lower half that isnt able to generate much power. He's already put on a lot of weight as a TE convert, so its hard to say if he'll be able to continue to pack on much more. If I see my connection into BYU before the draft (I should) I'll try to get some insight into his weight room / strength and conditioning performance
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 6, 2023 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He does,and he doesnt play the best competition. Ultimately, we'd be gambling that he's more Kolton Miller and less Mike McGlinchey, and it is farrrr from a guarantee that he even is ever able to play at MMs level.

His biggest weakness is his height...he loses the leverage battle constantly, doesn't have the flexibility to sink down, and has a super thin lower half that isnt able to generate much power. He's already put on a lot of weight as a TE convert, so its hard to say if he'll be able to continue to pack on much more. If I see my connection into BYU before the draft (I should) I'll try to get some insight into his weight room / strength and conditioning performance

We meet with him

Id rather have Tyler Steen or Carter Warren
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Considering he would be taken in the 3-4th round If he is either of those guys its a big win for the 49ers

Baalke all over it. Welcome to the jaguars big fella

Any word on Wanya Morris?

Any word on Wanya Morris?

It's thought to be a hamstring pull. He still expects to be okay for his pro day (March 30).

https://www.on3.com/news/oklahoma-ol-wanya-morris-suffers-apparent-injury-during-40-yard-dash-at-nfl-combine/
Share 49ersWebzone