There are 174 users in the forums

Marte Mapu-LB-Sac State

Undersized LB that has shined all throughout this offseason process. Bring him in as a special teamer, bring him in as a backup LB, he can be a useful weapon for a creative defensive coordinator with his quickness, instincts and cover skills.

looks like a great fit
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Get the local kid!
Hope we get this kid. Fred Warner 2.0 belongs in a 49er uniform
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I like Mapu -- a lot -- but he's about 20 lbs lighter than Fred was coming out
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Yeah he is but putting on muscle weight is easy in an NFL strength and conditioning program
  • thl408
If SF drafts him, I hope Mah-poo doesn't stink.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Yeah he is but putting on muscle weight is easy in an NFL strength and conditioning program

He definitely will add 10 - 20 lbs, but he'll still be on the lighter side. Either way, I like the ability. Special teams as stated by the original poster and passing downs with Fred is a great spot. Take him with one of the 7th round picks or in the 6th.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 3, 2023 at 3:59 PM ]
Gstting some Jeremy chin vibes…wilks approves

Would be an absolute impact player on this defense.
NFL.com has him as 73rd best prospect overall which is mid 3rd
Heard he can also play FS, is that true? If so he brings a lot of value and versatility
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Heard he can also play FS, is that true? If so he brings a lot of value and versatility

I don't think he's got the speed for that. He's a weird hybrid player that reminds me a lot of Fred Warner coming out of college although Warner was a better prospect and should have gone a lot higher.

I think you could roll with Mapu as a box safety or a LB and having him as an eventual starter alongside Warner would be a hell of a duo.
I really like him but it just sounds weird taking a player from Sac State in the 3rd. I know that doesn't really matter though.
Share 49ersWebzone