There are 282 users in the forums

Rashee Rice-WR-SMU

If the 49ers are going to be looking for a replacement for Jennings, this is strong possibility. Strong at the point of catch WR with good size, struggles a bit with separation, has some Brandon Lloyd issues where he makes circus catches look easy but sometimes drops regular ones, tough to bring down after the catch and blocks like an absolute maniac.

I'm probably alone, but he's my WR1
I heard he didnt have a good senior bowl week. Looked stiff is what i read.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
don't we already have a Gray in him ?
He's very interesting but I have to think he is unreachable for us. I'm thinking mid 2nd maybe late 2nd depending on how he does at combine. I'm sure Kyle would love him because the kid ain't afraid to block, but I just think we have other needs that are more pressing.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
He's very interesting but I have to think he is unreachable for us. I'm thinking mid 2nd maybe late 2nd depending on how he does at combine. I'm sure Kyle would love him because the kid ain't afraid to block, but I just think we have other needs that are more pressing.

I honestly think we have enough WRs... and the drafting of Gray last year, the guys are just similar.
Excuse my ignorance but why would the team be looking for a replacement for Jennings?
Originally posted by 9moon:
I honestly think we have enough WRs... and the drafting of Gray last year, the guys are just similar.

I don't see any similarities between the 2, but I do agree we do not need WR badly enough to trade up for one
Bro I'm a fan. Kyle would LOVE that blocking on top of everything else
Hmmm, with other "needs" taken care of time to think about a Rice redue

Originally posted by English:
Excuse my ignorance but why would the team be looking for a replacement for Jennings?

Because Jennings likely walks in free agency. I think he is a really good, clutch number 3 and I can see some team paying him anywhere from 4 to 6 million APY.

He's also so good we may want to begin grooming the replacement right now.
Rice checks a TON of boxes that Kyle looks for. Would not mind us picking him at all.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Because Jennings likely walks in free agency. I think he is a really good, clutch number 3 and I can see some team paying him anywhere from 4 to 6 million APY.

Good call.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Good call.

I'll add I prefer someone that would be safe on the practice squad for a year. Jennings will be a RFA next year, so I think we'll have him 2 more years unless a team wants to overpay (2nd round pick).
Share 49ersWebzone