LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

2023 Draft needs by priority

2023 Draft needs by priority

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I couldn't trade him either UNLESS a team is overpaying and Aiyuk has proven he can be no. 1. Plus the Deebo/CMC/Kittle trio is too good to let go. We haven't had many opportunities to see all 3 together.

Probably the best 3 skill player combo in the league. When all healthy. Operative word being when. Build for the long haul and work off rookie deals when trade is made.
Originally posted by Drod1008:
I couldn't trade him either UNLESS a team is overpaying and Aiyuk has proven he can be no. 1. Plus the Deebo/CMC/Kittle trio is too good to let go. We haven't had many opportunities to see all 3 together.

Probably the best 3 skill player combo in the league. When all healthy. Operative word being when. Build for the long haul and work off rookie deals when trade is made.

Exactly. There are teams with a better WR, arguably a better RB or better TE, no one has our combination however. And because of the homerun threat all 3 pose they should get plenty of space to work.

The "other" guys aren't too shabby either- Aiyuk, Mitchell (if he could only stay healthy).
Here is how I see the current needs, not necessarily in priority order.
  • Edge: We need a player who can be primary depth this year and step in as starter if Bosa negotiations go south.
  • Free Safety. We need a player who can be primary depth this year and step in as starter next year given Gibson's age.
  • Offensive Tackle: We need a player who can be primary depth this year and compete as starter at RT. We also need to prepare for Williams' retirement at some point so I still think next year will be a first round OT pick.
  • Tight End: We need a player who can be primary depth this year and compete as starter as insurance if Kittle opts out of his contract.
The best case scenario is Bosa, Kittle, and Williams stay long-term, and McKivitz performs well at RT. In that case, Free Safety is the primary need.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Here is how I see the current needs, not necessarily in priority order.
  • Edge: We need a player who can be primary depth this year and step in as starter if Bosa negotiations go south.
  • Free Safety. We need a player who can be primary depth this year and step in as starter next year given Gibson's age.
  • Offensive Tackle: We need a player who can be primary depth this year and compete as starter at RT. We also need to prepare for Williams' retirement at some point so I still think next year will be a first round OT pick.
  • Tight End: We need a player who can be primary depth this year and compete as starter as insurance if Kittle opts out of his contract.
The best case scenario is Bosa, Kittle, and Williams stay long-term, and McKivitz performs well at RT. In that case, Free Safety is the primary need.

You really are prepared for worst case scenarios.

I don't think negotiations will go south, but we need edge depth period. I figure we will carry five DEs and I count 3 likely to make the roster. Austin Bryant should but I was also high on Kemoko Turray last year too, so who knows. I think they definitely draft one but I'm hoping for two.

With free safety, still hoping for two. One we see as a future starter and another for depth. We lost both Ward and Moore so there are holes and because the market is so saturated, a safety should be safe on the practice squad.

I think OT is the one place the entire board agrees on. I honestly don't see a player outside of 2nd beating out the guys we have. Maybe in a year.

Tight end- bring in two. Someone good enough to start and a quality backup. We've seen about the best of Ross Dwelley.
T: McKivitz was cut and just resigned to a swing-T position. Unless they see Feliciano as a starting RG with Burford kicking out, RT is the biggest need. We also know Trent will be out several games. Adding a top talent at RT could push this unit to elite status and ascending going into the playoffs.

FS: Wilks needs a rangy play making FS and he's got a worthy veteran in Gipson who can play it while the rookie slowly works in by the time the playoffs come around.

CB: Lenoir badly needs real competition and we need real assurance outside. A lot will be put on these guys under Wilks.

TE: Deep draft for TE's and one just cost us our QB and Kittle's played hurt for 3 years now. It's vital we get a real talent here finally.

PK: Someone who can kick the ball out of the EZ every time in incremental weather.

Edge: We just need a young developmental pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:
T: McKivitz was cut and just resigned to a swing-T position. Unless they see Feliciano as a starting RG with Burford kicking out, RT is the biggest need. We also know Trent will be out several games. Adding a top talent at RT could push this unit to elite status and ascending going into the playoffs.

FS: Wilks needs a rangy play making FS and he's got a worthy veteran in Gipson who can play it while the rookie slowly works in by the time the playoffs come around.

CB: Lenoir badly needs real competition and we need real assurance outside. A lot will be put on these guys under Wilks.

TE: Deep draft for TE's and one just cost us our QB and Kittle's played hurt for 3 years now. It's vital we get a real talent here finally.

PK: Someone who can kick the ball out of the EZ every time in incremental weather.

I wonder what the perception of Lenoir is compared to Mosely after 2019. I definitely think that Mosely really stepped up last year (top 10 corner). My guess is they must see a similar trajectory if they let Mosely walk.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wonder what the perception of Lenoir is compared to Mosely after 2019. I definitely think that Mosely really stepped up last year (top 10 corner). My guess is they must see a similar trajectory if they let Mosely walk.

Better health. That's a key component to start. But yeah, I'm unsure how they see him long term. And where.
Share 49ersWebzone