There are 174 users in the forums

2022 UDFA

Bring in OL, DB's, and LB's.
Go get Justyn Ross. First round talent if he's fully recovered.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:

They should've drafted him in the 6th or 7th round. IMO
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If the reports about the severity of his back issue are at all accurate, he may never play in the NFL.

A guy like that doesn't just drop out of a draft because every team collectively loses their minds. It sucks for him.
Originally posted by Brucey72:

"I'm very versatile," Olubi said when asked where he will play in the NFL. "Basically, every team that is coming to me, that I am hearing about is liking me at linebacker. It's mainly that I can bring elite speed to that position, bring explosiveness to that position. I can match up well with backs, tight ends, things like that."

Versatility

Modern football is a game of mismatches. Olubi is a mismatch eraser. He is physical enough to support in the run game while fast enough to cover space in the passing game. Explosive enough to rush the quarterback in blitz packages, Olubi's history before SDSU was at the safety position. That experience should serve him well at the next level.

Olubi also is a terrific special teams player. During the 2020 season, Olubi was arguably the best player on the Aztecs punt team, regularly the first player down the field on punt defense. He should be able to step in and contribute at a high level on multiple special teams units on day one.

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/path-to-the-draft-segun-olubi/
49ers raiding San Diego State right now.
I'd like to see them bring is Bubba Bolden, S

And what's going on with Donhovan West. Does he have the COVID?

Nice
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:

Honestly I thought he was massively overrated even before the injury. Feel for the dude, he's a draftable player if healthy but he's not that amazing imo
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nice

Mercer, Fordham, UTSA, Toledo. I see a theme
Originally posted by Brucey72

Strengths
  • Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
  • Reads and deciphers quickly, reacting in a flash with a nose for the ball. Jumps routes and drives fast on plays in front of him.
  • Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
  • Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
  • Shows good awareness, following the eyes of the quarterback and breaking on the ball with excellent quickness and aggression.
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Tayler-Hawkins-S-SanDiegoState
My count is that they are at 82 players total, although gotta resolve JimmyG and Dee Ford.
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Apr 30, 2022 at 5:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone