There are 286 users in the forums

2022 Prospect Visits

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I saw in the Barrows article that Chandler is valued as a 6th/7th round guy. I can't really wrap my head around it. He doesn't seem to have elite balance through contact, but he is so sudden through the hole, and he's on top of the safeties in a second. I think he breaks enough tackles to be considered a physical back, so what's the deal? I could see him going 4th or 5th round, easy. What am I missing?

I wouldn't be surprised to see it. I expected Elijah Mitchell to go earlier than he did last year. Its inevitable that there will be guys that get lost in the shuffle and Chandler could easily be one of those. Would perfectly fit this team's style of finding a productive back late too.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I see the 49ers had a virtual meeting with DT Thomas Booker from Stanford, very cerebral guy, really good interview.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:

I have not had the time to scout many prospects this year.

If there is a Deebo/Mostert type back in this draft who would that guy be? Who could be an outside zone, open field type of back that could step in and fill that role?

*Edit*
I really like the Alabama back but I feel like his play style is very similar to that of what we already have in Michell.
[ Edited by GangstaGangsta on Apr 22, 2022 at 7:38 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think James Cook will be the pick in the 3rd round if he's there. Cook would make a good one-two punch with Elijah Mitchell with his speed and receiving skills. He's not Mostert but I think he's the perfect speed back Shanahan needs in his offense.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think James Cook will be the pick in the 3rd round if he's there. Cook would make a good one-two punch with Elijah Mitchell with his speed and receiving skills. He's not Mostert but I think he's the perfect speed back Shanahan needs in his offense.

I can't see them spending another 3rd on a RB, not with who's there and the other needs.

There are some good RBs to be had on day 3.
Originally posted by NCommand:
For fun, using the following website, this is what the visit draft board looks like so far: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2022/consensus-big-board-2022

2022 Draft Picks: 9
(2 | 61) - S Jaquan Brisker, WR Christian Watson, ER Boye Mafe or ER Drake Jackson
(3 | 93 & 105) - IOL Dylan Parham, IOL Sean Rhyan, ER Kingsley Enagbare, RB James Cook, OG Cole Strange, ER Myjai Sanders, LB Troy Andersen, S Kerby Joseph or CB/PR/KR Marcus Jones
(4 | 134) - S J.T. Woods, RB Brian Robinson, DT Zachary Carter, S Nick Cross, WR Velus Jones, RB Rachaad White, RB Jerome Ford, WR Danny Gray, C Cameron Jurgens, ER DeAngelo Malone, ER Dominique Robinson or ER Michael Clemons
(5 | 172) - C Dohnovan West, T/G Spencer Burford, WR Bo Melton, TE Daniel Bellinger, DT Thomas Booker, CB Joshua Williams or CB Kalon Barnes
(6 | 187, 220, 221) - CB Cordale Flott, RB Ty Chandler, TE Chigoziem Okonkwo, TE Derrick Deese, S Leon O'Neal or CB Chase Lucas
(7 | 262) - WR Samori Toure

UDFA's: S Joey Blount, RB Tyrion Davis-Price, TE Rodney Williams, WR Tay Martin, DT Kalia Davis, IOL Jason Poe, RB Jaylen Warren, WR Mike Harley & OT Jean Delance

^ Updated in case you wanted a reference pool to pull from for a shadow draft from a 49ers visit perspective.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 1, 2022 at 8:57 AM ]
Here we go.
4 for 4 on the first 4 picks.

In addition, the volume matched 1-2-3-4:
ER - 7
RB - 6
WR - 6
OL - 6
[ Edited by NCommand on May 1, 2022 at 9:03 AM ]
All in all, 5 out of 9 picks with the first 4 right out of the gate.

PS: It's very possible we find out later we met with one or more of the other four.

Edit: Lynch confirmed meeting with T/G Spencer Burford and had him with a 3rd round grade.

4 so far as UDFA's.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 1, 2022 at 5:44 PM ]

Originally posted by NCommand:
^ Updated in case you wanted a reference pool to pull from for a shadow draft from a 49ers visit perspective.

Thanks a lot. :)
[ Edited by VikkiBrowne on Jul 16, 2022 at 12:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone