There are 169 users in the forums

2022 General Prospect Discussion and Watch List

Why does it feel like the 49ers are ready to draft 5 or 6 safeties.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Why does it feel like the 49ers are ready to draft 5 or 6 safeties.

That was the Raiders last year
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Wheres that list of all the players the niners met with?

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/195890-2022-prospect-visits/

Thanks bro
My prediction for how the team will approach this draft:

1. The two main priorities: Get the Center of the future/now and get a safety who can compete with Hufanga/Moore. They will target a couple guys and look to trade around to get them.

2. TE2. Kittle is all world, but Dwelley, and Woerner have been almost invisible. This team really needs a guy who can put pressure on a defense, not just be an extra blocker.

3. Speed. WR/CB/RB. They will look to increase their speed at any and all of these positions. Losing Mostert hurts. Mitchell is a really solid bell-cow, but he is not the homerun hitter Mostert was. Ray-Ray makes the WRs faster, but they could still use another speed threat. CB is a little thin, specifically at slot where you need quick twitch explosion. This is the #2 priority because they have back-up plans for each position. Verrett is still a possibility to resign, Deebo is still a threat out of the backfield, and they have already brought in some young vets at WR who will get a chance to prove themselves.

4. Once those first two goals have been met, the team will look to add depth/competition to each of the positions listed above, specifically OL. This team has been known to double up on positions they want to target in the same draft (Thomas/Lenoir; Sermon/Mitchell; Banks/Moore etc.). They will definitely grad a second OG/C type prospect.
I think we will see a couple trade ups especially with the 2nd rounder. Move up to middle of 2nd round for best G/S/Edge
Originally posted by Karma:
My prediction for how the team will approach this draft:

1. The two main priorities: Get the Center of the future/now and get a safety who can compete with Hufanga/Moore. They will target a couple guys and look to trade around to get them.

2. TE2. Kittle is all world, but Dwelley, and Woerner have been almost invisible. This team really needs a guy who can put pressure on a defense, not just be an extra blocker.

3. Speed. WR/CB/RB. They will look to increase their speed at any and all of these positions. Losing Mostert hurts. Mitchell is a really solid bell-cow, but he is not the homerun hitter Mostert was. Ray-Ray makes the WRs faster, but they could still use another speed threat. CB is a little thin, specifically at slot where you need quick twitch explosion. This is the #2 priority because they have back-up plans for each position. Verrett is still a possibility to resign, Deebo is still a threat out of the backfield, and they have already brought in some young vets at WR who will get a chance to prove themselves.

4. Once those first two goals have been met, the team will look to add depth/competition to each of the positions listed above, specifically OL. This team has been known to double up on positions they want to target in the same draft (Thomas/Lenoir; Sermon/Mitchell; Banks/Moore etc.). They will definitely grad a second OG/C type prospect.

Adding depth is so critical now because players are demanding more and more money which is forcing teams to let them walk or trade them. I know the big names at the top of the draft are what draw the attention but every team needs about 20 players just for depth. This is where teams find those late round sleepers who end up being great players. Iread that about 40% of NFL players are undrafted free agents. I'm sure most are backups but they all are needed at some point.
I think they will go Oline with the 2nd rd. I believed what they drafted last year for the secondary is enough to go into next year. The Oline is a bigger need of talent for a 2nd rd pick.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 28, 2022 at 9:23 AM ]
This punter is apparently a punt GOD
is this the year to draft a kicker
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
is this the year to draft a kicker

Is there anyone like McPherson in this one?

Since we missed out on Cole Strange, we have to go next best name available and draft Smoke Monday.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I think we will see a couple trade ups especially with the 2nd rounder. Move up to middle of 2nd round for best G/S/Edge

My expectations too, I think a trade up in both the 2nd, using a comp 3rd next year and a trade up in the 3rd using our late picks, plus possibly tomorrow a Jimmy G trade for the Texans or Carolina's 4th, I'd do it.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Since we missed out on Cole Strange, we have to go next best name available and draft Smoke Monday.

Smoke Erryday
Im glad to see the niners just met recently via zoom with JT Woods from Baylor, he's really intriguing he looked better to me than Pitre
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Niners hosting a pre-draft visit with Safety Jaquan Brisker. This surprises me since I don't expect him to be there at 61.

Doing due diligence on Castro-Fields

Share 49ersWebzone