LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Kene Nwangwu-RB-Iowa State

Rotational RB in college, was kind of blocked in by the guys in front of him but always excelled when given opportunities with the football. He really excelled at his Pro Day. Definitely someone that could be in play with a very late pick or as a UDFA.

I heard some guys talking about him on a pod cast. His speed sounds like Kyle. But when I watched him play I saw a lot of Tevin Coleman just sprint into the back of his linemen and not break many of any tackles.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I heard some guys talking about him on a pod cast. His speed sounds like Kyle. But when I watched him play I saw a lot of Tevin Coleman just sprint into the back of his linemen and not break many of any tackles.

At minimum I think you could bring him in as a gunner and have him compete for a returner spot and over time maybe he works his way in at RB ala Mostert.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

At minimum I think you could bring him in as a gunner and have him compete for a returner spot and over time maybe he works his way in at RB ala Mostert.

I'm not against him by any means especially since he would likely be a 6th or 7th rounder and I never expect much from those picks. And if we actually had a return man who didn't fumble that offered us a chance for a big return I'd be all for it.
Surprised there hasn't been a thread on him (or Elijah Mitchell) sooner. He's stuck behind next year's likely RB1, but is quite a talent
Not just an athletic freak but apparently he's got a 3.8 GPA pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering while playing football at a Big 12 program.

Good post. I was just reading more about him last week after studying other late round running back prospects like Trey Ragas. I've been on the CJ Marable UDFA bandwagon, but hope we look at Kene, too.
  • thl408
A RB on day 3 or UDFA? That's what I'm talking about. You know that SPARQ score will get the 49ers interested. Grab him and stash him.
A lot of RB depth in this draft. Really hope we go with one before the 4th round. Kyle needs to realize it isn't always about finding late round talent and it helps to find workhorse-type of players.

He needs to stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room and draft workhorses on offense.

He looks like 4.28 too.
Missed here but hope we go for another Mostert styled player.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Missed here but hope we go for another Mostert styled player.

Not eligible for another year, but Devon Achane is fast fast
Too bad he can't hang onto the ball
Share 49ersWebzone