LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Annual draft rumor thread

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Honestly, if the Falcons can't get a haul for someone taking the 4th QB at their pick, they should take Sewell.

They've drafted OL in the 1st/2nd round recently and their OL is still trash. No RB. Defense is atrocious. I think taking Ryan's replacement when the rest of the roster is garbage is wasting the window of opportunity to compete for a championship by having a top 10 QB on a rookie contract, see Dallas.

That's another team that should look at Slater. Their OL isn't good anymore.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No rumors?
Originally posted by mayo49:
No rumors?

I heard the Niners have Mac Jones rated top 3, but the other 31 teams do not.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
No rumors?

The sad part is that Kyle is probably going to take him anyways.
No rumors?

I will get behind whomever the Niner's pick, but it has to be Fields. I think the Jones smokescreen to keep the Jets on Wilson.
Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
No rumors?

I will get behind whomever the Niner's pick, but it has to be Fields. I think the Jones smokescreen to keep the Jets on Wilson.

It makes some sense, but tbh the Jets were already sold on Wilson before his pro day and that's not changing.

The Niners really haven't said anything anyone can confirm aside a recent rumor Mike Shanahan may have said something about Mac Jones. All we have is their press conference and that's it. Aside that it's Simms saying Kyle probably likes Jones and everyone ran with it.

We've overpaid for a guy Kyle covets before so this would fit that pattern, but us leaking Jones doesn't fit our pattern with this regime either hence the craziness in these forums the past three weeks.
No rumors?

It makes some sense, but tbh the Jets were already sold on Wilson before his pro day and that's not changing.

The Niners really haven't said anything anyone can confirm aside a recent rumor Mike Shanahan may have said something about Mac Jones. All we have is their press conference and that's it. Aside that it's Simms saying Kyle probably likes Jones and everyone ran with it.

We've overpaid for a guy Kyle covets before so this would fit that pattern, but us leaking Jones doesn't fit our pattern with this regime either hence the craziness in these forums the past three weeks.

Man I wonder what'll happen if Sims hyped up Mac for Kyle to keep the nfl world guessing. I wonder how badly that could affect his credibility if that was the case. I think his personal praise of Mac is legitimate and it's why the big talking heads think it's Mac cause they assume like we do that Kyle and Chris are joined by the hips.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
No rumors?

Man I wonder what'll happen if Sims hyped up Mac for Kyle to keep the nfl world guessing. I wonder how badly that could affect his credibility if that was the case. I think his personal praise of Mac is legitimate and it's why the big talking heads think it's Mac cause they assume like we do that Kyle and Chris are joined by the hips.

Yup. Keeping it simple I think Simms was just being honest about his guess on who Kyle would like. Simms initial take and Kyle's presser gave me that impression.

if I had to guess out of respect to each other they probably haven't spoken the last few weeks lol OR he does know more, but we will never know anyways.
Mayo is right tho, it's need a quiet rumor season. I hope this thread heats up next week. Our trade up to pick 3 has given the media all they need lol
Mayo is right tho, it's need a quiet rumor season. I hope this thread heats up next week. Our trade up to pick 3 has given the media all they need lol

Next week I think there is a good shot we will know who the top 3 picks are going to be before the draft.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Next week I think there is a good shot we will know who the top 3 picks are going to be before the draft.

Yeah, we should get some action with some trades happening and I think we'll still be wondering who the Niners are taking at #3.
No rumors?

Jones is #1 on their board.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by FL9er:

something about this picture tells me the Bengals are drafting Sewell

I've read it might be down to him or Chase.

Yeah but if you look closely at that left knee it says "We're taking Sewell"

I don't see how you take a wide receiver over a franchise left tackle to begin with, you can find wrs later in the draft that doesn't happen with tackles.Tthe bengals just had their franchise qb have a catastrophic injury because the lack of talent at that very position... Then again it's the bengals they did just lose Aj Green and have the reputation of drafting splashy star receivers to get people to buy tickets to an air show
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by FL9er:

something about this picture tells me the Bengals are drafting Sewell

I've read it might be down to him or Chase.

Yeah but if you look closely at that left knee it says "We're taking Sewell"

I don't see how you take a wide receiver over a franchise left tackle to begin with, you can find wrs later in the draft that doesn't happen with tackles.Tthe bengals just had their franchise qb have a catastrophic injury because the lack of talent at that very position... Then again it's the bengals they did just lose Aj Green and have the reputation of drafting splashy star receivers to get people to buy tickets to an air show

Agreed any mock shows Sewell or Chase with a few showing Pitts, but agreed. you get that franchise LT and move on.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The Cardinals covet Jaycee Horn, Jaylen Waddle, Patrick Surtain at 16.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/arizona-cardinals-targeting-tulsa-lb-zaven-collins-with-first-round-pick/
Share 49ersWebzone