There are 132 users in the forums

Trade up from 3 to #2 overall to take Wilson?

Trade up from 3 to #2 overall to take Wilson?

Originally posted by Heroism:
We really need to stop with the trade Fred Warner posts. You don't trade away a proven commodity for an unknown. I don't care what QB prospect it is.

So much this. Imagine trading away Warner to get Wilson and then the Jets take Fields who turns out to be the better quarterback anyways.
Fields > Wilson IMO, so no.

Definitely not trading our best defender.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
A lot less than you think.

It's a 400 point trade value, which is about pick #50.

We have pick #43, but I'd really want to hang onto that one considering there are playmakers available there. I would think either a future 2nd rounder or a player on the roster not named Bosa or Warner.

A lot MORE than you think, if the Jets love Wilson.

Then you pass. Wilson isn't that much better than Fields....not sure he is better at all.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
A lot less than you think.

It's a 400 point trade value, which is about pick #50.

We have pick #43, but I'd really want to hang onto that one considering there are playmakers available there. I would think either a future 2nd rounder or a player on the roster not named Bosa or Warner.

When it is a QB, the point value is increased greatly.

Of course, it all depends on who the Jets want. If they want Wilson, but would settle for Fields, the price might be affordable. If not, forget about it.

That's the point. If it's higher than what I said, you just pass. Not worth it just to go from one QB to another.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
IF Wilson is Shanahan's guy by a large margin...

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

Something like this is a lot more likely than people want to believe.
But I don't believe we get 23 back. It may end up being 3 and Warner for 2 and CJ Mosley

I stand by my original assessment that trading 3 years worth of 1st rd pick for #3 makes no sense. Like it or not, Mac is the only pick left. Fields is not an NFL QB and Lance is more rumor than anything. The guy may be great but no one has seen him play
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fip24:

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

But I don't believe we get 23 back. It may end up being 3 and Warner for 2 and CJ Mosley

I stand by my original assessment that trading 3 years worth of 1st rd pick for #3 makes no sense. Like it or not, Mac is the only pick left. Fields is not an NFL QB and Lance is more rumor than anything. The guy may be great but no one has seen him play

Trading Warner to move up to 3? Id fire lynch on the spot and i love lynch.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

agreed you dont trade a young all pro in a key position when you are in your SB window for draft picks
No we traded enough already. Wilson gets so much love on this board. He does have a high upside. But I don't think he is a guarantee. No QB in the NFL is a guarantee. He can bust too. He has a high upside. But it's not certain. Fields may be just as good. Or certainly has a big upside himself too. Just stay at #3. I think we are fine there. I don't think it's an absolute guarantee you are getting Aaron Rodgers or something with Wilson. Maybe he is. But I'm not sure why people see him this way? Like he is that much of a guarantee. I don't think he is really.

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

You lost me at offer Fred Warner. He's the best and most consistent player on our entire defense.
If the guy they truly want in this draft is expected to make it to number 5, the original pick they tried to get, why on earth would they give up even more picks to move up. Time to accept the target isn't Wilson or fields because neither would have made it to 5

• fip24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

agreed you dont trade a young all pro in a key position when you are in your SB window for draft picks

I agree that is would be an awful decision, but I do think it's possible ( not likely). I'm not sure I see the Niners paying 18m per year to an inside LB
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

You lost me at offer Fred Warner. He's the best and most consistent player on our entire defense.

Then get ready for Mac Jones at #3 as a distinct possibility. I wouldn't mind it, but 2/3 of this board appear they will be on suicide watch if we go Jones.

As great as Warner is he is only a MLB. QB is the most important position in sports.

IF IF IF there is a huge gap between Wilson and the remaining 3 QBs you consider this trade. If not a huge gap then stay at 3 and draft one of Fields/Lance/Jones.

The more I listen to people b***h about Jones the more I want us to draft him just to see everyone here implode.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Offer #3 and Fred Warner

For

#2 and #23

Then get ready for Mac Jones at #3 as a distinct possibility. I wouldn't mind it, but 2/3 of this board appear they will be on suicide watch if we go Jones.

As great as Warner is he is only a MLB. QB is the most important position in sports.

IF IF IF there is a huge gap between Wilson and the remaining 3 QBs you consider this trade. If not a huge gap then stay at 3 and draft one of Fields/Lance/Jones.

The more I listen to people b***h about Jones the more I want us to draft him just to see everyone here implode.

Sadist lol.

With that said, I'm waiting for someone to explain why the gap between Wilson and Fields or even Wilson and Jones is worth an All-Pro linebacker or a potential starting caliber player as a rookie (our 2nd round pick).
Keep 3. Moving up again is dumb.
Originally posted by Oilcan:
Completely different situation one team wanted a QB and the other didn't so they where not competing for the same position.
This year there appears to be a clear cut difference between the second and third QB and we both are drafting QB's.
Its possible they prefer Lance,Fields or Jones but highly unlikely and some 2nd or 3rd pick will make them move off him.

Clear cut difference? I disagree with this wholeheartedly.
Share 49ersWebzone