There are 240 users in the forums

Late round RB prospects

One of the less obvious needs that the Niners need to fill this offseason is at RB. Mostert and Jeff Wilson Jr. are both fantastic when healthy, but that is the rub, isn't it. Hasty looked a winner pickup in UDFA this past year as a good 3rd down option and a decent ST player before he got hurt. What's missing? A big power back to take the final roster spot in the RB room as I think (............and hope) that Coleman and McKinnon will both be released this offseason. The Niners should look to find someone on day 3 of the draft. Here are the late round options that would be a good fit:

Master Teague Ohio St.
Brian Robinson Jr. Alabama
Elijah Mitchell Louisiana

Is there anyone else you would add to this list?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I thought I liked Hasty to start but not sure he is a lead back kind of guy if both go down.

4th round targets if 1 of 2 are available.

Chuba Hubbard OK St.
Javonte Williams UNC

later in draft

Khalil Herbert VT
Originally posted by krizay:
I thought I liked Hasty to start but not sure he is a lead back kind of guy if both go down.

Chuba Hubbard OK St.
Javonte Williams UNC

later in draft

Khalil Herbert VT

Imo zero chance Javonte is there that late, dude is a bad mofo
Mid-late rounders who fits perfectly in KS's system.

1. Michael Carter, North Carolina

2. Jaret Patterson, Buffalo
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by krizay:

Chuba Hubbard OK St.
Javonte Williams UNC

later in draft

Khalil Herbert VT

Imo zero chance Javonte is there that late, dude is a bad mofo

I agree, no way Javonte lasts to the 4th. He's my 3rd best RB behind Etienne and Harris.
Pooka Williams Kansas
I dont wanna draft rbs. Keep the udfa pool coming
Master Teague is a definite no for me. He does not fit this system, has slow feet, and goes down too easy for a back his size. He would be a decent back up for a power run team, but not here.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Imagine having a Kamara, Cook, Zeke or a Barkley in KS's system. The UDFA pool is doing great so far, but imagine having elite talent at KS's strongest suit.

Mostert is the closest to elite talent and there's a reason why when Mostert plays everything tends to click well bc now the defense has to account for a great runner backfield. The Niners OL is also built for the run game so why not put an elite RB talent back there to make use of the OL strength? I wouldn't mind drafting a RB if he can take this offense to the next level.
Really impressed with Najee Harris's backup Brian Robinson Jr last night. He could be sleeper talent on the next level.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Imagine having a Kamara, Cook, Zeke or a Barkley in KS's system. The UDFA pool is doing great so far, but imagine having elite talent at KS's strongest suit.

Mostert is the closest to elite talent and there's a reason why when Mostert plays everything tends to click well bc now the defense has to account for a great runner backfield. The Niners OL is also built for the run game so why not put an elite RB talent back there to make use of the OL strength? I wouldn't mind drafting a RB if he can take this offense to the next level.

The problem is you're going to have to eventually pay them big money. Unless you decide you want to not re-sign them and just draft another high ranking rb. But I'm no fan of spending a pick on a rb higher than a 4th round pick. Even though I really liked Barkley coming out, even I would have a hard time justifying drafting him as high as he did.
CJ Verdell Oregon

Javian Hawkins Louisville

Demetric Felton UCLA

Stephen Carr USC
Demetric Felton UCLA is the do everything back that Shanny would love to have as a chess piece.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Mid-late rounders who fits perfectly in KS's system.

1. Michael Carter, North Carolina

2. Jaret Patterson, Buffalo

Was literally coming in this page to post these two guys and Brian Robinson outta Bama. lol good mind.
I havent looked at any backs yet but agree we should be targeting a value pick in the 7th and a UDFA

Id love Hubbard out of OkSt but he'll be gone before we can address this need.
[ Edited by irishluder on Jan 13, 2021 at 10:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone