There are 89 users in the forums

JT Daniels, QB. Georgia

Thoughts? Big arm, accuracy, good pocket awareness, good size 6'3", 210lb. Plays tough conference. Shredded MSU defense in first game (410/4TDS), they were one of the top SEC defenses. Microscopic sample size. Lol

CBS latest mock had 49ers at #14 (OL Vera-Tucker). All QBS gone by 14. Lawrence to NYJ, Fields to JAX, Wilson to WASH, Lance to CAR, Trask to NE at #13. Daniels falls to CHI at 16. No Mac Jones in R1.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Nov 25, 2020 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Thoughts? Big arm, accuracy, good pocket awareness, good size 6'3", 210lb. Plays tough conference. Shredded MSU defense in first game (410/4TDS), they were one of the top SEC defenses. Microscopic sample size. Lol

CBS latest mock had 49ers at #14 (OL Vera-Tucker). All QBS gone by 14. Lawrence to NYJ, Fields to JAX, Wilson to WASH, Lance to CAR, Trask to NE at #13. Daniels falls to CHI at 16. No Mac Jones in R1.

Why did he transfer from USC?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,280
Kirk Cousins' clone
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Thoughts? Big arm, accuracy, good pocket awareness, good size 6'3", 210lb. Plays tough conference. Shredded MSU defense in first game (410/4TDS), they were one of the top SEC defenses. Microscopic sample size. Lol

CBS latest mock had 49ers at #14 (OL Vera-Tucker). All QBS gone by 14. Lawrence to NYJ, Fields to JAX, Wilson to WASH, Lance to CAR, Trask to NE at #13. Daniels falls to CHI at 16. No Mac Jones in R1.

Why did he transfer from USC?


Started as freshman in 2018. Knee injury in 2019. Kedon Slovis took over at USC threw for 3500/30/9, highest passer rating ever at USC.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Started as freshman in 2018. Knee injury in 2019. Kedon Slovis took over at USC threw for 3500/30/9, highest passer rating ever at USC.

This year Slovis isn't looking tht good in the games I've watched. Not necessarily his stats but I've seen some really bad throws and decisions. I don't know if Daniels will come out this year. He may need another season to polish his resume since he lost a season with the knee injury.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Started as freshman in 2018. Knee injury in 2019. Kedon Slovis took over at USC threw for 3500/30/9, highest passer rating ever at USC.

This year Slovis isn't looking tht good in the games I've watched. Not necessarily his stats but I've seen some really bad throws and decisions. I don't know if Daniels will come out this year. He may need another season to polish his resume since he lost a season with the knee injury.


Good point. It was kind of strange to see CBS already mocking him to CHI at 16 overall.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by OliverKlozoff:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Thoughts? Big arm, accuracy, good pocket awareness, good size 6'3", 210lb. Plays tough conference. Shredded MSU defense in first game (410/4TDS), they were one of the top SEC defenses. Microscopic sample size. Lol

CBS latest mock had 49ers at #14 (OL Vera-Tucker). All QBS gone by 14. Lawrence to NYJ, Fields to JAX, Wilson to WASH, Lance to CAR, Trask to NE at #13. Daniels falls to CHI at 16. No Mac Jones in R1.

Why did he transfer from USC?


Started as freshman in 2018. Knee injury in 2019. Kedon Slovis took over at USC threw for 3500/30/9, highest passer rating ever at USC.

Gotcha, I remember seeing him there and hearing he was gonna be the next really good USC QB.
Just watched his highlights from last week, his first game back from injury...I like his quick release, seems to have a good & accurate arm, and moves pretty well coming off the knee injury. This is only his Sophomore year with limited playing time this season, his first at Georgia after transferring, and I wonder if he'll stay in school another year? I'll be watching him tomorrow vs. South Carolina, which has a pretty good secondary with some good pro prospects.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Just watched his highlights from last week, his first game back from injury...I like his quick release, seems to have a good & accurate arm, and moves pretty well coming off the knee injury. This is only his Sophomore year with limited playing time this season, his first at Georgia after transferring, and I wonder if he'll stay in school another year? I'll be watching him tomorrow vs. South Carolina, which has a pretty good secondary with some good pro prospects.

I watched the highlights of the South Carolina game and it looked like Georgia just rolled and didnt need him to do much other than hand off.

My question here is that I didn't see anything- in any of the highlights I've seen- that made me sit up and take notice. Is he an A grade college player that will become a jag in the pros? As in does he have any traits that will set him apart in the pros? Just wondering.

Anyways Vandy is next
[ Edited by Bitplayer on Nov 30, 2020 at 12:09 AM ]
He's a guy I've had my eye on since his USC days because he was so highly rated coming out of high school.

He's looked good in limited action with Georgia this year, and he's playing well thus far today in the Peach Bowl. I suspect he'll return for another year because this is already a crowded QB class, but does anyone have any thoughts on him?

As others have mentioned, he has a quick release and is pretty accurate. But what I've always noticed is that his long ball seems to flutter—even before the knee injury. Sometimes it comes down like a punt, and his receivers often need to slow down to let the ball catch up to them. He rarely completes deep passes in stride.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
He's a guy I've had my eye on since his USC days because he was so highly rated coming out of high school.

He's looked good in limited action with Georgia this year, and he's playing well thus far today in the Peach Bowl. I suspect he'll return for another year because this is already a crowded QB class, but does anyone have any thoughts on him?

As others have mentioned, he has a quick release and is pretty accurate. But what I've always noticed is that his long ball seems to flutter—even before the knee injury. Sometimes it comes down like a punt, and his receivers often need to slow down to let the ball catch up to them. He rarely completes deep passes in stride.

Doesnt seem like he has a lot of pocket presence either. Takes some big sacks from what Ive seen
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
He's a guy I've had my eye on since his USC days because he was so highly rated coming out of high school.

He's looked good in limited action with Georgia this year, and he's playing well thus far today in the Peach Bowl. I suspect he'll return for another year because this is already a crowded QB class, but does anyone have any thoughts on him?

As others have mentioned, he has a quick release and is pretty accurate. But what I've always noticed is that his long ball seems to flutter—even before the knee injury. Sometimes it comes down like a punt, and his receivers often need to slow down to let the ball catch up to them. He rarely completes deep passes in stride.

Doesnt seem like he has a lot of pocket presence either. Takes some big sacks from what Ive seen

He certainly got crushed on multiple plays today.
Originally posted by BYisGod:
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by BYisGod:
He's a guy I've had my eye on since his USC days because he was so highly rated coming out of high school.

He's looked good in limited action with Georgia this year, and he's playing well thus far today in the Peach Bowl. I suspect he'll return for another year because this is already a crowded QB class, but does anyone have any thoughts on him?

As others have mentioned, he has a quick release and is pretty accurate. But what I've always noticed is that his long ball seems to flutter—even before the knee injury. Sometimes it comes down like a punt, and his receivers often need to slow down to let the ball catch up to them. He rarely completes deep passes in stride.

Doesnt seem like he has a lot of pocket presence either. Takes some big sacks from what Ive seen

He certainly got crushed on multiple plays today.

Yet threw for a s**tload of yards and won the game
I've liked what I've seen in his limited time playing this season. I keep hearing how much he really knows about the game of football and puts the work in to study up, especially since coming over from USC to Georgia and learning a new scheme. Have heard he's really impressed his coaches and teammates. Also, in listening to him talk about the game and himself as a QB, I really like what I hear.

In watching him play, you can see the arm talent, quick release, and some other traits that are really intriguing along with his size. He definitely has some key things to work on, which makes sense for someone with his fairly limited amount of college playing time due to his injury at USC. I'm wondering if he'll stay in school another year to further develop and help lead a strong program like Georgia, which he seems to be enjoying his experience so far.
Share 49erswebzone