There are 260 users in the forums

How many teams are desperate for a young QB?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Yep, picked a bad year to need a quarterback, again .
[ Edited by FL9er on Nov 8, 2020 at 3:24 PM ]
Originally posted by FL9er:
Yep, picked a bad year to need a quarterback, again .

Basically, we don't suck enough to get one of the better prospects and Lynch is too conservative to trade future picks to move up high enough to go grab one. But there's still a lot to shake out until the draft, so we may still end up getting Wilson (I hope).
We traded up for a Wish, Pettis, Aiyuk, Beathard, J Williams etc. I don't think Lynch is afraid to make moves.

Getting it right will be more of an issue than being willing to make the move.
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Basically, we don't suck enough to get one of the better prospects and Lynch is too conservative to trade future picks to move up high enough to go grab one. But there's still a lot to shake out until the draft, so we may still end up getting Wilson (I hope).

Why do you think this? They've shown they're willing to trade up almost every draft they've been a part of to get who they want/need lol.
There is absolutely no other option if you want to win in this league you need a stud qb. I would trade starters to pick up a guy like fields. Murray is tearing it up now. We don't have a chance going forward without one.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

Why do you think this? They've shown they're willing to trade up almost every draft they've been a part of to get who they want/need lol.

If they really want to get a guy like Wilson, they will have to part with 1st & 2nd round picks if we're not already in the top 10 for us to get into position to get him. I don't know if they'll do it. I hope they do, because we'll see return on investment by having a true FQB at last who can win games and make everyone better.
Jacksonville.

Remaining schedule: at Packers, vs. Steelers, vs. Browns, at Vikings, vs. Titans, at Ravens, vs. Bears, at Colts

Jacksonville doesn't seem likely to win a game the rest of the way barring some crazy upset.

Dallas

Remaining schedule: at Vikings, vs. Washington, at Ravens, at Bengals, vs. 49ers, vs. Eagles, at Giants.

Dallas has potentially winnable games against WFC, the 49ers and the Giants. They could also easily lose 2 or all 3 of those games.

Atlanta

Remaining schedule: at Saints, vs. Raiders, vs. Saints, at Chargers, vs. Buccaneers, at Chiefs, at Buccaneers

The Falcons might be able to pull off a division upset and potentially beat the Chargers at home but they're not looking great for most of their remaining schedule.

WFC

Remaining schedule: at Lions, vs. Bengals, at Cowboys, at Steelers, at 49ers, vs. Seahawks, vs. Panthers, at Eagles,

WFC has some winnable games but how much confidence do you have in picking a team that just lost to the Giants?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
New England is really bad. I struggle to see them doing better than 4-12. They're losing to f**king Jets!
[ Edited by FL9er on Nov 9, 2020 at 6:35 PM ]
New England is really bad. I struggle to see them doing better than 4-12. They're losing to f**king Jets!

Belichick gonna tank his way into Trevor Lawrence.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Belichick gonna tank his way into Trevor Lawrence.

We need to do the same for Zach Wilson, sadly. I hate saying that but we need a QB that badly.

9ers have a real shot at a top 10 pick. Maybe even a chance a top 5 pick.

The schedule is brutal and so is our team.

How many win do you think we have rest of season?
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Nov 9, 2020 at 10:21 PM ]
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
9ers have a real shot at a top 10 pick. Maybe even a chance a top 5 pick.

The schedule is brutal and so is our team.

How many win do you think we have rest of season?

1, maybe 2. Honestly I hope we lose all our remaining games in order to get the highest pick possible (never thought I'd say those words). That way, Shanahan will be forced into taking Wilson instead of a DT again since they probably wouldn't be willing to trade up for him most likely.
you all are mighty optimistic to think were going to win enough games from here to be 15.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Nov 10, 2020 at 5:18 AM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Update after Week 9:

1. NY Jets
2. Jacksonville
3. Dallas!
4. NY Giants
5. Washington
6. Los Angeles (how are the Chargers with Herbert, Keenan Allen, Melvin Ingram, Hunter Henry, etc this bad?!?)
7. Miami (Houston's pick)
8. Cincinnati
9. Carolina
10. Atlanta (they'll never suck bad enough to get the franchise edge rusher they need)
11. Detroit
12. Minnesota
13. New England
14. Denver
15. San Francisco
16. Chicago
Update after Week 9:

1. NY Jets - Lawrence
2. Jacksonville - Fields
3. Dallas! - (Dak) probably draft a DB
4. NY Giants - They'll give Jones another year, much bigger holes to fill on that roster.
5. Washington - Lance
6. Los Angeles (how are the Chargers with Herbert, Keenan Allen, Melvin Ingram, Hunter Henry, etc this bad?!?)
7. Miami (Houston's pick)
8. Cincinnati
9. Carolina
10. Atlanta (they'll never suck bad enough to get the franchise edge rusher they need)
11. Detroit
12. Minnesota
13. New England
14. Denver
15. San Francisco
16. Chicago

Chargers just keep finding ways to lose games. They should be .500 or a game below. We could possibly look into them as a potential trade partner to move up in the draft to grab Z. Wilson.
Share 49ersWebzone