There are 191 users in the forums

Tee Higgins

I have not seen a thread for him and I don't think he gets enough conversion as a consideration for us in round 1. I see him as one of the most pro ready receivers in the draft.

I see about 4 complete guys who can play across the formation: Jeudy, Higgins, Mims, and Pittman. I have not seen enough interviews to see who exactly is a Kyle guy, but I love all of them. My favorite is Higgins because of production, consistency through college career, impressive skill set with route running and hands. Highlights ridiculous.

A true number one, and when you see his highlights, his abilities that I see lacking with some of other prospects pop. Getting separation, high pointing 50/50 balls.

I just wonder is there any way we can trade down a few spots and get him later in the first. Watch in amazement at one of the best technicians and physical anomalies in the draft. Well.....my favorite round 1 guy

PS. I am from South Carolina, but I am a Gamecock fan. So it's sac religious of me to promote a Clemson player. Go Deebo Samuel!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZqnA-48ik
Getting separation and route running? He's a jump ball threat and that's about it. He doesn't have the quickness or burst to get a lot of separation but he has decent build-up speed. He beat up on lesser competition in college and is going to have a tough time getting open in the NFL. He played against an easy schedule this year with an elite QB in Trevor Lawrence and struggled against LSU with 3 receptions and 52 yards on 10 targets.

He's probably going to be a late first/early 2nd round pick. I'll be fine with it if we pick him at 31 but there will be bigger corners in the NFL that can shut him down without help.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Getting separation and route running? He's a jump ball threat and that's about it. He doesn't have the quickness or burst to get a lot of separation but he has decent build-up speed. He beat up on lesser competition in college and is going to have a tough time getting open in the NFL. He played against an easy schedule this year with an elite QB in Trevor Lawrence and struggled against LSU with 3 receptions and 52 yards on 10 targets.

He's probably going to be a late first/early 2nd round pick. I'll be fine with it if we pick him at 31 but there will be bigger corners in the NFL that can shut him down without help.

He was also playing with Justyn Ross who, short of driving a schoolbus full of kids off a bridge prior to the draft, will be an easily early to mid 1st rounder next season.

He's one of my least favorite of the 2nd tier of WRs. Would much rather have Jefferson or Mims.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He looks as slow as he timed on film.
Originally posted by FL9er:
He looks as slow as he timed on film.

I would say he looked slower then his 40 time, but with his back to the end zone on like 75% of his catches its very hard to really tell. In the NFL if he spends that much time coming back to the ball, or in a back peddle, somebody is going to throw ALOT of interceptions trying to get the ball to him. He had a lot of over the top coverage he worked underneath, i don't think NFL CBs by and large will give him that kind of respect.

He had a big stage, and he performed on it. We gotta give him that, he played the schedule and was very functional.

youtube has every catch he made in 2019, i think its telling...but they also have his red zone catches.... I liked that a lot more, I think he could be a legit rezone threat. You have give him an A or A+ for knowing were he is and were the ball is. He understood that offense and what he needed to do. Slants, Fades, crossing patterns.... he had a myriad of scoring looks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He was also playing with Justyn Ross who, short of driving a schoolbus full of kids off a bridge prior to the draft, will be an easily early to mid 1st rounder next season.

He's one of my least favorite of the 2nd tier of WRs. Would much rather have Jefferson or Mims.

For me I'd throw Aiyuk, Pittman, and Reagor on that list as well.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

For me I'd throw Aiyuk, Pittman, and Reagor on that list as well.

I would put him in the second tier up guys, I actually like Mims the most in the second tier. However, I dont think Higgins is a s slow as people are making out.

The knock for me about Jefferson is he seems to mostly be a slot receiver. I need my 13th to be a big boy and be everywhere. Also, Aiyuk ran a 4.5 himself at the combine! And everybody acts like he is Teddy Gunn jr?! Not to mention all this hype with Lamb all of a sudden.

Higgins has the size and the quicks. I'm just saying he is in the conversation for me once you pass 20.

I bring up Higgins because I think if Ruggs or Willis (OT) is not there at 13, I would rather trade down and get a second tier guy like Mims or. Higgins than reaching for some of these sauced up guys like Lamb or Shenault. Please Kyle, don't do it!
Originally posted by leonbanton:
I would put him in the second tier up guys, I actually like Mims the most in the second tier. However, I dont think Higgins is a s slow as people are making out.

Ill give you that, its really hard to eyeball. He is back peddling with his back to the end zone ALOT.

He is more like a power Forward in the Post with his back to the basket then a WR running a pattern.

People use to say the same thing about Micheal Irving..... I have no idea if thats going to work in todays NFL, but it does make him look glacially slow.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leonbanton:

The knock for me about Jefferson is he seems to mostly be a slot receiver. I need my 13th to be a big boy and be everywhere. Also, Aiyuk ran a 4.5 himself at the combine! And everybody acts like he is Teddy Gunn jr?! Not to mention all this hype with Lamb all of a sudden.

Higgins has the size and the quicks. I'm just saying he is in the conversation for me once you pass 20.

I bring up Higgins because I think if Ruggs or Willis (OT) is not there at 13, I would rather trade down and get a second tier guy like Mims or. Higgins than reaching for some of these sauced up guys like Lamb or Shenault. Please Kyle, don't do it!

4.5 while hurt.

Jefferson ran a 4.43 and seems slower on tape. Aiyuk rubs a 4.5 and seems faster on tape. Now we know why it was just a 4.5
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Can he be as good as Mike Williams of the Chargers? (who's becoming a good player)

If only he were a tad bit faster.

So many WRs I wouldn't mind being drafted by the niners and Higgins isn't one of them, just think he's not that type of WR Shanahan drools over.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
So many WRs I wouldn't mind being drafted by the niners and Higgins isn't one of them, just think he's not that type of WR Shanahan drools over.

He's best suited for a chuck and duck offense where the QB tosses it up and lets the WR go and get it. I don't think either Garoppolo or Shanahan are about that life.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Can he be as good as Mike Williams of the Chargers? (who's becoming a good player)

If only he were a tad bit faster.

Great clips!!
He does fail to burst on his cuts, seemed to be tight coverage all the way through 85 percent of his routes. He did however win about 50 percent of the time. And it was against arguably the best two corners in the draft.

Best play though, blocking downfield in that long run. He literally took the guy out of bounds!! That's a Shanny guy!

Where do you get this footage. Was it the banner on the top of the videos?
Im Looking for either Higgins or Bryan Edwards at the bottom of the 1st.

I have Bryan ahead of Higgins, but I'll be happy with with either.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Higgins has good size (6'4"), but lacks top end speed. We already have a similar player in Hurd.
Share 49ersWebzone