LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

13th pick

Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I'm leaning toward DT Javon Kinlaw with the 13th pick if we don't trade back. I'd rather have Kinlaw and Mims or Higgins then Ruggs and someone else. Especially if Jeudy and Lamb are off the board at #13.

I want Ruggs/Biadasz in the 1st (DL&DB with the 5th rounders)...

but Kinlaw/Higgins would be great too.

Biadasz hasn't been a first round worthy prospect for a while now.

..I saw a few mocks had him going end of first..early second. Any other IOL rated as late 1st round prospects?

Netane Muti?
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Lol you can say that about every position in a 10 year span so what's your point

Not exactly. When lower-valued positions are drafted higher, they're pretty much alot more of a sure thing,...especially compared to WR. Just as an example (of how the results aren't relatively even position-by-position)...

Notice which position is last on the 2nd chart. It really comes down to whether the risk is worth the reward.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 26, 2020 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
There's that Brady factor to make the right play in the big moment. I like Jimmy G, but he isn't all the way there yet. Perhaps a guy like Jalen Reagor could come in and do some similar things and give us flexibility to add even more picks because we could in theory trade back with both our firsts. I wouldn't be against that move either. However, I'm not making the assumption that there are only 3 elite receivers. It's pretty much the opinion of every respectable prognosticator. If the other guys were elite, they would be getting top-10/15 consideration as well. They aren't and there are reasons for that. Do players who get drafted later become elite? Yes. All the time. But right now, based off film, there are 3 receivers in the elite category. We can take one of those elite receivers and still trade back once or even twice and end up with an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 4th if we go with that second option.

Look at how productive Deebo was last year and there are several receivers in this draft that are better than him, at least on paper. The elite receivers can be difference makers but they can also become prima donnas and cause friction. We've seen that happen over and over. In the end, even the best and fastest receivers can only impact the game so much. Receivers that get 100 receptions are still only averaging a little over 6 receptions per game. They can open the field for other receivers so they still help in that way but you don't need to be a high draft pick to be productive.

I still go WR if one of the top 3 are there.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Mar 26, 2020 at 10:03 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone