LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 447 users in the forums

Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I feel like since the media started blowing up Kittle for how dominate a blocker he is more people are trying harder to be dominate blockers.

Definitely. But how fun would it be to have Kittle, Juice, Hurd, and Claypool out there on an outside zone run. There'd be a minimum of 4 pancakes. We might never need to throw again.

DAMN!! great optics, visuals!!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I feel like since the media started blowing up Kittle for how dominate a blocker he is more people are trying harder to be dominate blockers.

Definitely. But how fun would it be to have Kittle, Juice, Hurd, and Claypool out there on an outside zone run. There'd be a minimum of 4 pancakes. We might never need to throw again.

Originally posted by pd24:
I'm very intrigued. What round is he projected and is he still trying to convert to TE? He is fast enough to stay at WR. One of the fastest in this class, and biggest.

Dude is a beast!! I'd love for him to come to us and be a WR/HBack?TE/ST type guy
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Dude is a beast!! I'd love for him to come to us and be a WR/HBack?TE/ST type guy

Only way I'm down with this is if we know Hurd is never coming back.
What this kids good tape? I just watched the Georgia tape and ND #84 and Reed from Georgia were the stand outs from that one.
What this kids good tape? I just watched the Georgia tape and ND #84 and Reed from Georgia were the stand outs from that one.

That's what I'm saying
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That's what I'm saying

Ohh he's one of those kinda prospects. Okay onto the next
No one has ever heard of him and he runs a good 40 and now he's a 2nd round pick?

He plays at Notre Dame, a pass happy school with a huge fan base that's always on TV and I've never seen him?

That says a lot.
ND has not been qualified to be "pass happy" because of limitations at QB. Claypool is a physical prospect with decent upside. He's been their best receiver for a couple of years. He'd be intriguing in Shanahan's offense for sure.
Fastest 40 time since Calvin Johnson. No one has ran a faster 40 at 6'4 230+ since Megatron.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Feb 28, 2020 at 7:50 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like this kid at #31 - I hope everybody keeps sleeping on him. Am I reaching?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 28, 2020 at 9:47 PM ]

Originally posted by mayo49:

Lol
He would be a good #2 TE. Good blocker and is not afraid of contact.

Yes you are
Originally posted by dngt49:
He would be a good #2 TE. Good blocker and is not afraid of contact.

How often have you seen him as an in-line blocker? You gotta be able to do that in this offense if you're playing TE.

Around?
Share 49ersWebzone