There are 290 users in the forums

2020 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Gays gonna set the league on fire 😉.

Idk about that... Michael Sam didn't do very well.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Two top LBs in this draft named Gay and Queen lol.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Two top LBs in this draft named Gay and Queen lol.

And a WR named Freddie Mercury.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Isaiah Simmons, my favorite overall player in draft, runs 4.39 at 238 and 11ft broad jump. Freaky athlete. LB or S? Mocked to Jags....do they ever draft offensive players?

Does it matter? Line him up anywhere.

That's kinda what I meant, could play both and be effective.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 29, 2020 at 8:24 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Wisconsin RB Jonathan Taylor posted an official 40-yard dash time of 4.39 at the Combine.
It's the fastest time among running backs. This was fully expected for Taylor — a SPARQ freak that rushed for at least 1,900 yards all three years at Wisconsin. Taylor is the favorite to be the first running back drafted in April.

SOURCE: NFL Network

That's absolutely incredible at 226 lbs. He also has non stop production to back it up. A great player.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is more impressive than Ruggs IMO. For a guy that damn big to run a 5.10 is insane.

He's also not very sloppy for someone that is over 350. Bodyfat under 20%, that is a whole lot of muscle mass on that frame.

6'7 1/2" 365 lbs. 5.1 40 yard dash. That's like a little guy running 4.28.......
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
6'7 1/2" 365 lbs. 5.1 40 yard dash. That's like a little guy running 4.28.......

Maybe even more like a 4.2 flat since it's the fastest time ever for a guy over 350 lbs.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
WRs are hard to predict in the draft. There's a reason guys like Corey Coleman, DHB and John Ross go early.

Browns, Raiders and Bengals

I was listening to sports radio yesterday and I thought I heard them say that there hasn't been a WR in the pro bowl with sub 4.4 speed. I found that very interesting.

It was the Pro Football Hall if Fame according to the Pleamaker, Michael Irvin.
Has any one seen Willie Gay tape? What can you tell us? Does his speed and explosion show up?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
It was the Pro Football Hall if Fame according to the Pleamaker, Michael Irvin.

They also said that only 2 players that ran sub 4.3 have ever had 80 or more receptions. Can't remember their names but both had 80 something catches. It makes sense if you really think about it. Most of the guys that run sub 4.3 are under 6 feet and often are track guys that got recruited to the football team. Auburn has a receiver that has run 10.o3 and 10.07 in the 100 meters. These are real world class times that could win some major track meets but as a receiver the guy is just so-so. He's a straight line runner. Remember Renaldo Nehemiah. Walsh tried to make a receiver out of him but couldn't do it. Receivers that run 4.45 to 4.6 seem to produce the best. It's easier to run routes when you aren't going so fast.

Oh baby this might drop him and I love it

Bro WTF

Share 49ersWebzone