LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Ashtyn Davis S/DB Cal

Another S prospect who's got versatility and positional flexibility. Got 7 career INTs and can lay some wood.

He's a track and field guy and seems pretty athletic. I think he's a top 100 pick.

Local kid from Cal

we won't draft
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Local kid from Cal

we won't draft

this.

we're a stanford loyal team
His stock is starting to rise. Matt Miller says the gap between him and Xavier Mckinney from Alabama is closing on boards.
Originally posted by Dman11:
His stock is starting to rise. Matt Miller says the gap between him and Xavier Mckinney from Alabama is closing on boards.

Yeah I read that today. I'm guessing he's a day 2 pick now.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Local kid from Cal

we won't draft

this.

we're a stanford loyal team

Funny cause it's basically true. I get the feeling we won't be targeting him because we don't seem to be heavily looking into safeties so far. Still early though. We'll see how those predraft visits shake out soon enough.
I like

Can we get him and Laviska Shenault?
Davis>Delpit

Local kid from Cal

we won't draft

YEP!!!!!, funny how WR like James Jones and DeVontay Adams, were right her in San jose and fresno, yet Green bay comes all the way out here and drafts them!! We further goofed it up bu going to Oklahoma , and Tennessee and everywhere else, and NOT come up successfully..
Size, speed and not afraid to hit. I would love having this kid in Red and Gold.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Size, speed and not afraid to hit. I would love having this kid in Red and Gold.

Me too, even if we re-sign Ward, this guy could beat out Harris or Reed and contribute in the near future.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Local kid from Cal

we won't draft

YEP!!!!!, funny how WR like James Jones and DeVontay Adams, were right her in San jose and fresno, yet Green bay comes all the way out here and drafts them!! We further goofed it up bu going to Oklahoma , and Tennessee and everywhere else, and NOT come up successfully..

There was a Cal QB Green Bay drafted a while ago too. Not sure if he panned out :P
In keeping with the Cal-Stanford theme, here is a summary of Bill Walsh's draft thoughts.

Davis could be considered a player from a downtrodden program, although Cal's current coaching staff is good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82857c66/article/bill-walshs-nfl-draft-philosophies-six-lessons-from-the-master
Share 49ersWebzone