LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 353 users in the forums

Andy Isabella- UMass WR

Originally posted by NYniner85:

We have plently of fast munchkins on this team. I would be very underwhelmed if we come away with Isabella as our WR upgrade this off-season

If Goodwin is out, which is almost always, the 49ers have very little true speed. Pettis is fast, but he's not a blazer; Taylor and James are quick; Bourne is average speed at best.

Kyle always keeps a burner on the field at WR, and with Goodwin's inability to remain on the field, I think it's a big need. His scheme is at it's best when it can threaten the defense at the third level. Furthermore, Goodwin is probably closer to retiring than helping this team in the future.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 1, 2019 at 3:21 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
No more munchkins.

Shut your damn piehole mayo. Don't you ruin this!

We already have Taylor and James - no more munchkins.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 1, 2019 at 3:21 PM ]
His hands need work and if I remember correctly he had issues getting off the line at the senior bowl....I'm sure someone will take him ealier than that I hope it's not us. I like him BUT I like about 10 WRs more than him in this draft

Isabella and Samuel had the best week out of all the receivers at the Senior Bowl. Dude showed that he could get open against anyone.

Hey I read he had issues getting off the line in press...they don't really play press in one on one drills. I know he's a good route-runner but I don't put much stock in one on one drills.

We have plently of fast munchkins on this team. I would be very underwhelmed if we come away with Isabella as our WR upgrade this off-season

It would be different if we added more than one WR.

Personally, I thought he had an awful Senior Bowl week and dropped for me after all the drops and unnecessary dancing he does. That second clip isn't a highlight for me, the QB is either sacked or being chased by the time he finally gets open. I mean I wouldn't be heartbroken if we drafted him cause I know he could thrive with Shanny, but like NY, I like a lot of WRs more than him and would be completely underwhelmed if he's all we came out of the draft with.
Originally posted by Heroism:
If Goodwin is out, which is almost always, the 49ers have very little true speed. Pettis is fast, but he's not a blazer; Taylor and James are quick; Bourne is average speed at best.

Kyle always keeps a burner on the field at WR, and with Goodwin's inability to remain on the field, I think it's a big need. His scheme is at it's best when it can threaten someone at the third level. Goodwin is probably closer to retiring than helping this team in the future.

There's other dudes that are plently fast in this draft that you can take if you want speed and it won't require a day 2 pick
You wouldn't take 3 Tyreek Hill's ?? I'm like staley I am not a measurable guy a player is a player, this kids a BALLER
No more munchkins.

Shut your damn piehole mayo. Don't you ruin this!

We already have Taylor, Phoenix - no more munchkins.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Personally, I thought he had an awful Senior Bowl week and dropped for me after all the drops and unnecessary dancing he does. That second clip isn't a highlight for me, the QB is either sacked or being chased by the time he finally gets open. I mean I wouldn't be heartbroken if we drafted him cause I know he could thrive with Shanny, but like NY, I like a lot of WRs more than him and would be completely underwhelmed if he's all we came out of the draft with.

Thank you that's all I'm saying
Hey I read he had issues getting off the line in press...they don't really play press in one on one drills. I know he's a good route-runner but I don't put much stock in one on one drills.

They spent an entire afternoon at the Senior Bowl just that.

He's on the shorter side but he's not small in buid. Weighs the same as Pettis while being 5 inches shorter. I think the press concerns are greatly overrated.

Long term, Isabella would likely replace Goodwin.
There's other dudes that are plently fast in this draft that you can take if you want speed and it won't require a day 2 pick

Plenty fast and include the ridiculous route running of Isabella which makes him threat at every level on the field?

Whenever Goodwin has been out, this offense has more often than not struggled because teams can bring both safeties closer to the line of scrimmage. This offense needs a viable homerun threat to stretch the field more than it needs a BIG mass monster possession receiver.
Kyle doesn't just use his blazer WRs to go deep and influence the safety, it's also about getting the defense flowing in conflicting directions in the run game.

Check out what Marquise's orbit motion from a tight split(nasty split?) does to Kam Chancellor and the running lane created for Carlos Hyde. When a dude that fast is motioning, the defense is forced to respect it. Nobody uses speed better than Shanny.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 1, 2019 at 3:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Kyle doesn't just use his blazer WRs to go deep and influence the safety, it's also about getting the defense flowing in conflicting directions in the run game.

Check out what Marquise's orbit motion from a tight split(nasty split?) does to Kam Chancellor and the running lane created for Carlos Hyde. Nobody uses speed better than Shanny. When a dude that fast is motioning, the defense is forced to respect it.

And there is a huge difference in speed, the way Pettis and James have speed and then there is the way that guys like Goodwin and Tyreek Hill have "make sure you properly secure your jock strap" SPEED.

Isabella has that legit homerun speed and with Goodwin being increasingly unreliable due to his injury and personal issues, I can definitely see them bringing in someone to develop behind him with a similar level of gamebreaking athleticism.

As much as I love Samuel and Brown and think either one would be a tremendous addition, neither makes defenses quake in their cleats at the thought of getting beat by them down the field.

People gotta start learning to trust Kyle when it comes to bringing in players that fit his offense.

I just hope Isabella doesn't crush all the drills and ends up going before #36. I hate that NE and KC are picking ahead of us because I can definitely see either falling in love with him.

They spent an entire afternoon at the Senior Bowl just that.

He's on the shorter side but he's not small in buid. Weighs the same as Pettis while being 5 inches shorter. I think the press concerns are greatly overrated.

Long term, Isabella would likely replace Goodwin.

Imo I wasn't overly impressed with him at the SB like others.

I'll take penny hart on day 3 vs Isabella on day 2 if we want speed and route running. Like I said I would be very very disappointed if Isabella was our only upgrade at WR this off season. I like about 10 WRs more than him in this draft.

I like him as a prospect but I don't like where we would have to draft him (day 2).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 2, 2019 at 5:11 AM ]
Replace Richie James with Isabella
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Replace Richie James with Isabella

Why? I'd replace Bourne with Isabella.
Share 49ersWebzone