There are 215 users in the forums

Quinnen Williams, DT Alabama

I don't think they draft QW, doing so would be an admission of failure on Soily and I don't think JL is ready to sink his ship just yet on his very first draft pick...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I really want Q. I just think he will be the best NFL player out of any in the draft.

Fine with Bosa too. But I just think Q will be far better in the NFL. If Q wasn't in this draft and we didn't trade for Dee Ford I'd be all about Bosa.

I feel exactly the same way.

Q is too good to pass up. You just don't get these kind of prospects very often. I truly believe that he has potential to be the best defensive player in the league in 3-4 years.

You don't pass that bc you drafted Solomon Thomas couple of years ago. At worst - ask Solomon to drop 15-20lbs so he can play DE full time going forward or rotate Solomon with DeFo and Arik with Q - keep everyone fresh and ready to attack on every play.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
I really want Q. I just think he will be the best NFL player out of any in the draft.

Fine with Bosa too. But I just think Q will be far better in the NFL. If Q wasn't in this draft and we didn't trade for Dee Ford I'd be all about Bosa.

YAS!

Him or Allen
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
I don't think they draft QW, doing so would be an admission of failure on Soily and I don't think JL is ready to sink his ship just yet on his very first draft pick...

No it means QW is that good, which he is
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I will say if conditioning was looked at as a problem with Bosa and he was wreaking IHOP, you damn well know the Bosa haters would be killing him

Conditioning is looked at as a problem for Q?

Some posters have expressed concern that Q might have trouble in high altitude.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I will say if conditioning was looked at as a problem with Bosa and he was wreaking IHOP, you damn well know the Bosa haters would be killing him

Conditioning is looked at as a problem for Q?
Yeah you could see it a couple times throughout the yr. It's not really a massive deal. Like saying Bosa doesn't have 35" arms
Sums up QW in a nutshell

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Sums up QW in a nutshell

What a dick.
One of the articles on the Zone indicated Williams is a poor fit for NT due to his size and needs to play 3t.
Cannot find the specific article now but this is a concern, no?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
One of the articles on the Zone indicated Williams is a poor fit for NT due to his size and needs to play 3t.

Lol

Lol

So is he big enough to play 1t? The article mentioned that he is not, even if he is Aaron Donald 2. I would hate to see him not fit in with the best player on the team.
So is he big enough to play 1t? The article mentioned that he is not, even if he is Aaron Donald 2. I would hate to see him not fit in with the best player on the team.

Average NT in this scheme is 300 to 310 pounds. Williams dominated in a 2 gapping 3-4 scheme at Bama where NTs are usually massive.
Lynch and Peters were gushing over this kid.

I'm trying to imagine what we would need to do if we draft this kid.

We have a ton of linemen, but our cap space is fine. So we cut someone. Probably Julian Taylor.
I would have a hissy fit if we draft Williams. We got Dee Ford, big whoop, you need two stud pass rushers, not just one. What happens if you gets injured.

Dee Ford, Deforest Buckner, Solomon Thomas, Nick Bosa looks a lot better than

Dee ford, Deforest Buckner, Williams, Solomon Thomas.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Lol

Not really a concern for me...

a) because he played nose at Alabama and was constantly doubled - yet he still stuffed the run, pressured the QB and dominated the line. Now, he may not be able to do that in the NFL as frequently, but I do believe he'll still be able to beat double enough times to make huge impact on the game. Collapsing the pocket is still the best way to make most QBs uncomfortable.

b) offenses in NFL are so pass heavy now. Snaps are divided 35 passing vs 25 rushing and the trend is moving towards more passing (soon it will be 40 to 20) - so no defense is in base package often. Q will get to play plenty of 3 tech.

c) Now, the concern you are talking about is - what if he is not able to beat double teams he will constantly see at nose? That's totally fine by me as long as he is keeping double teams off Buckner and whoever is at DE. That's what elite NT tackles do. What's the issue here...? And don't forget point b. He won't be at nose for majority of the game.
Share 49ersWebzone