LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

2019 NFL Draft Order/Draft Watch

Originally posted by socal9er42:
Are we #1 Yet?

I think so
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Right now I'm hoping the 49ers get the same haul the Colts did for NY to move up for Darnold. The 49ers basically need everything.

Moving down from #1/#2 to like #6 for 2 1s and 2 2s is really enticing.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000969335/article/2019-nfl-draft-order-49ers-move-to-no-1-giants-slide-up-board
Originally posted by FL9er:
Right now I'm hoping the 49ers get the same haul the Colts did for NY to move up for Darnold. The 49ers basically need everything.

Moving down from #1/#2 to like #6 for 2 1s and 2 2s is really enticing.

Yeah - I'm hoping that some College QB emerges as the next "Can't Miss" FQB Candidate and somebody gets desperate, offering up a boatload of picks.

On the other hand, I don't want to slide back far enough that we miss on one the top 2 ER prospects. I'm guessing that #3 is about as far back as I want to slide based on the info available at his point, but lots will change between now & then.
We've got a 3 week stretch against the Cardinals/Raiders/Giants. That's probably where we either screw ourselves or put is in a prime spot for #1. I don't see any other team falling below these 4 at the moment.

Raiders, Giants both desperately need pass rush as much as we do. Cardinals need pass rush too, but I'm quietly hoping their defence has enough games like they did against us while their offence continues sucking so they're convinced to go offence should they finish higher than us.

Colts have a relatively softer draw outside of the 2 Jags games so not a major concern and the Falcons have more than enough talent to win a few games and they really should manage to stay ahead of us.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
We've got a 3 week stretch against the Cardinals/Raiders/Giants. That's probably where we either screw ourselves or put is in a prime spot for #1. I don't see any other team falling below these 4 at the moment.

Raiders, Giants both desperately need pass rush as much as we do. Cardinals need pass rush too, but I'm quietly hoping their defence has enough games like they did against us while their offence continues sucking so they're convinced to go offence should they finish higher than us.

Colts have a relatively softer draw outside of the 2 Jags games so not a major concern and the Falcons have more than enough talent to win a few games and they really should manage to stay ahead of us.

Giants are my major candidate for tanking and selecting a QB next year. I want them to win enough games so that they need to move up in order to get that QB.

Raiders & Cards set at QB, so won't need to trade up for that position - traditionally the one most Teams are willing to make big trades for.
How many draft picks do we have for 2019, as of now?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
How many draft picks do we have for 2019, as of now?

I think 5.
ER CB and S are top priorities

Then Guard
Yeah - I'm hoping that some College QB emerges as the next "Can't Miss" FQB Candidate and somebody gets desperate, offering up a boatload of picks.

On the other hand, I don't want to slide back far enough that we miss on one the top 2 ER prospects. I'm guessing that #3 is about as far back as I want to slide based on the info available at his point, but lots will change between now & then.

One has already emerged. Justin Herbert. Scouts love the guy.

Giants are my major candidate for tanking and selecting a QB next year. I want them to win enough games so that they need to move up in order to get that QB.

Raiders & Cards set at QB, so won't need to trade up for that position - traditionally the one most Teams are willing to make big trades for.

Dunno if Raiders are that set. Depends on what Gruden thinks of Carr. He can be cut with only a 7 mil cap hit next year.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Dunno if Raiders are that set. Depends on what Gruden thinks of Carr. He can be cut with only a 7 mil cap hit next year.

I'm leaning towards the idea of Gruden moving on from Carr.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I think Carr is safe - I think the Raiders will be looking for that ER to replace Mack. They'll be our primary competition.
Bosa Bowl!! Coming Soon!!
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Carr is safe - I think the Raiders will be looking for that ER to replace Mack. They'll be our primary competition.

If they are picking in top 5 I don't know that he is safe. He's been pretty mediocre for a while now.

I can see Oliver being on their radar too. Not like they have much inside either.
Share 49ersWebzone