There are 339 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

And now this thread becomes one of the most watched on these forums...
Still don't see us finishing high enough to get him. Still think we'll find a way to squeeze out 4-6 wins and put us out of range.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Still don't see us finishing high enough to get him. Still think we'll find a way to squeeze out 4-6 wins and put us out of range.

We still have 13 games to accumulate injuries
Originally posted by Waterbear:

We still have 13 games to accumulate injuries

And accumulate them we shall.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Not with the way this team tackles on defense. Now there going to be on the field even more which won't help matters.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Or should I say doesn't Tackle.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Not with the way this team tackles on defense. Now there going to be on the field even more which won't help matters.

Our tackling sucks, but we're not going against teams as fast and elusive as the Chiefs week in and week out. We'll have opportunities to win games, whether or not we take many of those though.....
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by Heroism:
We're coming for you buddy!

Not if the Raiders can help it.

Battle for the #1 pick

Truth. This draft has a few edge guys tho. Even a LT

Its about fit tho Bosa fits us very well unlike Solomon Thomas
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Far better than last offseason's signing and a decent start IF we can't get Fowler.

I don't know how serious they are at getting an edge rusher this year. They signed Attaochu, and they got this Daeshon Hall on the practice squad and neither has made the team. Fowler looks like a solid player, but I'm thinking if they were really serious at getting Fowler, they'd have made a move already after the failure to get Kalil.

How do you know they haven't? Also, I Jacksonville isn't like Oakland. They aren't giving up players while they are making a run at a Super Bowl this year. Fowler is a major player that is going to help them on their run this year.

Just a gut feeling. I mean no edge rushers brought in via undrafted free agency, and using a 4th round pick on an ACL player vs an edge rusher like Obo, and cutting Attaochu and putting Pita on the Practice squad. Looks like they are going to experiment on *pushing the pocket* vs *rushing the passer* in my opinion and see how that works out. The penalty for roughing the passer is pretty severe if your defense's main focus is to sack the QB so maybe they are trying to see if that works.

What edge rushers were available? The premier guys got the franchise tag. The free agent class was about as bad as the draft class in terms of available talent. Pita has no awareness. He can't be on the 53 yet. Attaochu was about the best it was going to get in terms of free agents, unless you wanted us to do a Khalil Mack trade. Considering what happened this game, I hope everyone can see why you have to think long term. In regards to the draft, I wanted Holland and Obo. When Landry fell, I would've like to have made a move for him, but we didn't. The only real inexplicable move to me was the drafting of Kentavious Street. We were in a bad spot to need a pass rusher in a year where there was very little available. Next year will be real test. Pass rushers galore in the draft and I'm thinking based off of the cap situations, one of those premier rushers will hit the open market.

But as far as our season is concerned, this team has a lot of fight in them. They won't quit. Given these facts, this team ain't finishing top-5. The schedule gets lighter in the second half of the season and even with Beathard starting, there is still a slight chance we have 4 wins by the bye week, giving us a 4-5 record. My guess is we'll finish somewhere around 10th. We will draft high enough to get a really good edge rusher that can start day 1, but not high enough for Bosa. My guess could change if Arizona walks all over us though.
Originally posted by Heroism:
We're coming for you buddy!

Not if the Raiders can help it.

Battle for the #1 pick

Truth. This draft has a few edge guys tho. Even a LT

Its about fit tho Bosa fits us very well unlike Solomon Thomas

With a player like Bosa, Thomas goes inside, or left end, and AA is gone. Thomas and Buckner will alternate lining up at DE and DT.

• Hopper
  • Veteran

Our tackling sucks, but we're not going against teams as fast and elusive as the Chiefs week in and week out. We'll have opportunities to win games, whether or not we take many of those though.....

We've now missed more tackles than any team in the league and that didn't happen because of one game.
Nick Bosa just had core muscle surgery ( whatever that is) and is out indefinitely. If he misses enough games maybe he will drop far enough for us to draft him. On the other hand, that sounds like the type of injury that could affect you long term so who knows if he will be the same. player. I'm no doctor, I just play one on the forum.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Nick Bosa just had core muscle surgery ( whatever that is) and is out indefinitely. If he misses enough games maybe he will drop far enough for us to draft him. On the other hand, that sounds like the type of injury that could affect you long term so who knows if he will be the same. player. I'm no doctor, I just play one on the forum.

Core muscle surgery is likely some type of hernia. I had an inguinal hernia and missed around two months.

I don't think it affects his draft stock at all.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 23, 2018 at 3:56 PM ]

We've now missed more tackles than any team in the league and that didn't happen because of one game.

No, but the problem is exposed significantly against a team like the Chiefs. Not all teams are built like that. We will miss tackles, it will cost us, it won't cost us our remaining 13 games.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Share 49ersWebzone