49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 501 users in the forums

Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio St(The Politics Free Thread)

Browse 49ers books and videos
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I don't think he will live up to the selection similar to S. Thomas, simply put Bosa is not that good.

Bosa and Thomas are nothing alike. Thomas was pretty much all upside and a guy that you hoped could develop the necessary pass rushing skills. Bosa already has NFL caliber hands and pass rush ability.


He is an often injured big named college player that does not posses NFL caliber speed or balance (always falling on the ground). A pass rusher cannot consistently beat NFL O/L with strength alone. His technique has to be off, I mean he hasn't played a lot of football due to injuries. I think he is maybe a top 5 prospect, but I am not sure that he will be able to live up to a top 5 selection.

Can you imagine Bosa trying to get to R. Wilson with those 10lb weights on his ankles?

Yeah except his Combine results say the exact opposite. 10 yard split was upper echelon amongst NFL pass rushers, also had a great shuttle time and a respectable three cone.


His technique has to be off,


His technique is among the best that I've seen over the past 20 years. He is about as NFL ready as it gets.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
You mean like Alex Smith?

That's your rebuttal come on dude
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Let another team get the top prospect (Brian Bozworth), I want the best player!

Obviously since he's white he must be Bosworth. That is just as lazy as someone comparing Haskins to RG3.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I don't think he will live up to the selection similar to S. Thomas, simply put Bosa is not that good.
He is an often injured big named college player that does not posses NFL caliber speed or balance (always falling on the ground). A pass rusher cannot consistently beat NFL O/L with strength alone. His technique has to be off, I mean he hasn't played a lot of football due to injuries. I think he is maybe a top 5 prospect, but I am not sure that he will be able to live up to a top 5 selection.

Can you imagine Bosa trying to get to R. Wilson with those 10lb weights on his ankles?

What are you talking about man? You're literally making up stuff
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 5, 2019 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I don't think he will live up to the selection similar to S. Thomas, simply put Bosa is not that good.

Bosa and Thomas are nothing alike. Thomas was pretty much all upside and a guy that you hoped could develop the necessary pass rushing skills. Bosa already has NFL caliber hands and pass rush ability.


He is an often injured big named college player that does not posses NFL caliber speed or balance (always falling on the ground). A pass rusher cannot consistently beat NFL O/L with strength alone. His technique has to be off, I mean he hasn't played a lot of football due to injuries. I think he is maybe a top 5 prospect, but I am not sure that he will be able to live up to a top 5 selection.

Can you imagine Bosa trying to get to R. Wilson with those 10lb weights on his ankles?

Yeah except his Combine results say the exact opposite. 10 yard split was upper echelon amongst NFL pass rushers, also had a great shuttle time and a respectable three cone.


His technique has to be off,


His technique is among the best that I've seen over the past 20 years. He is about as NFL ready as it gets.

Bosa and Thomas will be top 3 picks. Please explain Bosa's NFL hands and pass rushing technique?

You don't draft a guy #2 overall because of his 10 yard split & shuttle time. Check out his three cone, which measures change of direction (balance and speed) something that a DE will need in order to rush the passer. The combine did not say that Bosa had elite speed or balance, in fact it said otherwise.

Past 20 years! Aldon Smith alone possessed more technique AND speed then Bosa!
Not to mention guys like Mack, and V. Miller! Myles Garrett had more EVERYTHING than Bosa. I don't understand the infatuation with a guy that hasn't played much football. I remember when I was like the only person on this board that wanted his brother.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Let another team get the top prospect (Brian Bozworth), I want the best player!

Obviously since he's white he must be Bosworth. That is just as lazy as someone comparing Haskins to RG3.

You said that not me, why are you so caught up in race?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
You mean like Alex Smith?

That's your rebuttal come on dude

What's wrong with that? AS was selected #1 overall.

Rebuttal? Do you think we are in court right now?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Bosa and Thomas will be top 3 picks. Please explain Bosa's NFL hands and pass rushing technique?

You don't draft a guy #2 overall because of his 10 yard split & shuttle time. Check out his three cone, which measures change of direction (balance and speed) something that a DE will need in order to rush the passer. The combine did not say that Bosa had elite speed or balance, in fact it said otherwise.

Past 20 years! Aldon Smith alone possessed more technique AND speed then Bosa!
Not to mention guys like Mack, and V. Miller! Myles Garrett had more EVERYTHING than Bosa. I don't understand the infatuation with a guy that hasn't played much football. I remember when I was like the only person on this board that wanted his brother.

What are you complaining about with his 3-cone lol the combine did NOT say he lacked in balance or whatever you're making up

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 5, 2019 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
What's wrong with that? AS was selected #1 overall.

Rebuttal? Do you think we are in court right now?

No I think you're throwing out a bunch of gibberish that lacks a lot of facts.

Just say you don't like him much easier than making up stuff which makes you look silly.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Bosa and Thomas will be top 3 picks. Please explain Bosa's NFL hands and pass rushing technique?

You don't draft a guy #2 overall because of his 10 yard split & shuttle time. Check out his three cone, which measures change of direction (balance and speed) something that a DE will need in order to rush the passer. The combine did not say that Bosa had elite speed or balance, in fact it said otherwise.

Past 20 years! Aldon Smith alone possessed more technique AND speed then Bosa!
Not to mention guys like Mack, and V. Miller! Myles Garrett had more EVERYTHING than Bosa. I don't understand the infatuation with a guy that hasn't played much football. I remember when I was like the only person on this board that wanted his brother.

What are you complaining about with his 3-cone lol

His 3 cone doesn't scream #2 overall pick, but then again nothing about him really does.

Not to mention, that nerdy little chart means nothing in real life.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Apr 5, 2019 at 3:00 PM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:
His 3 cone doesn't scream #2 overall pick, but then again nothing about him really does.

Not to mention, that nerdy little chart means nothing in real life.



Get the f**k out of here he's in the 80th percentile...he's better than 80% of all DEs in the NFL.

You're the one that said he doesn't have a good combine #s yet the numbers say otherwise. Dude you're wrong.

Just say you don't like him instead of making up stuff.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 5, 2019 at 3:04 PM ]
[ Edited by Waterbear on Apr 5, 2019 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
His 3 cone doesn't scream #2 overall pick, but then again nothing about him really does.

Not to mention, that nerdy little chart means nothing in real life.

Get the f**k out of here he's in the 80th percentile...he's better than 80% of all DEs in the NFL.

You're the one that said he doesn't have a good combine #s yet the numbers say otherwise. Dude you're wrong.

Just say you don't like him instead of making up stuff.

80th percentile for a #2 overall pass rushing DE?

That's good to you in the NFL?

Were these measurement comparisons vs other college DE's or NFL DE's?
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I've seriously given up. It's the same repeated lazy arguments over and over... bring on the draft.


Lol I mean now people are just making stuff up
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone