There are 141 users in the forums

Joe Ostman, DE/OLB, Central Michigan

Here's an interesting late-round prospect. Led the nation in sacks with 14. Also had 20.5 TFLs. Has some injury concerns, and doesn't have the ideal build, but the dude is jacked. Played for the same school as Joe Staley and was not invited to the combine for some reason. Worth a flyer late in the draft.

Pass rusher Joe Ostman, who had a fine week of practice before the Shrine Game, also impressed. He measured 6022 and 253 pounds, timed between 4.75 and 4.78 in the 40, had an impressive three-cone time of 7.06 and was in the low 4.3s for the short shuttle. Ostman completed 31 reps on the bench press, touched 36.5 inches on the vertical jump and reached 10-foot-2 in the broad jump. He looked good in all his drills.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-central-michigan

[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Apr 15, 2018 at 10:45 AM ]
I love this kid as a late round target. Super productive. Is taking the draft seriously in his workouts. I know that Josh Allen knows about him after their game this year.
Thanks for this - I'll keep an eye out for further info.
A white guy with no chest hair, rushes the passer, and works out shirtless?

I like that he's got good hands and is always on the move. It's hard for blockers to maintain good contact on him.
Looks like he had production. Why isn't he known more?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Looks like he had production. Why isn't he known more?

He's got short legs from what I saw, a lot of extra steps to get to where he's going. I like him though, I had him as a late pick for us in my mock
I like the idea of getting Ostman as a 2nd edge pick. He should provide some ST value immediately with some potential to grow.
Plus, he should amp up internal competition. He seems like a guy that goes hard for every repetition. That ought to rub off on other edge rushers and keep OTs alert.
Sam LB IMO
Dude is jacked

Share 49ersWebzone