LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Draft strategy

After reading the latest draft talk I would absolutely love the niners to draft James or Fitzpatrick in the first key in the second that vandy cb I. The third and sweat in the fourth. Would transform our defense and fill in all the whole. I know we still need lineman and a wr hopefully we can get them In rounds 5-7. What do you guys think
Originally posted by Dadda808:
After reading the latest draft talk I would absolutely love the niners to draft James or Fitzpatrick in the first key or in the second that vandy cb I. The third and sweat in the fourth. Would transform our defense and fill in all the whole. I know we still need lineman and a wr hopefully we can get them In rounds 5-7. What do you guys think

Or Okoronkwo in the second
After reading the latest draft talk I would absolutely love the niners to draft James or Fitzpatrick in the first key or in the second that vandy cb I. The third and sweat in the fourth. Would transform our defense and fill in all the whole. I know we still need lineman and a wr hopefully we can get them In rounds 5-7. What do you guys think

Or Okoronkwo in the second

Can we have Meeks or Campbell instead in the 3rd? If can I'm down
With the rule changes and taking defense out of the game draft offensive players. Arena Football!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
With the rule changes and taking defense out of the game draft offensive players. Arena Football!

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Let's see if i can channel my teenage daughter.... "You're so extra!"
Even more so you need talented D players. The rule change is only one rule that alters the D and is the helmet leading. On O, it is merely clearing up what is a catch.
Niners overall strategy should be defense first with a double down at either the LEO position or in the secondary. Especially with Foster in question, the defense needs the most help. The offense should be supplemented by one big WR, another interior OL and maybe a third TE.
With younger programs more focused on the passing game, positions that are geared more to passing are coming in more polished and ready to make an immediate impact. Unless there's an opportunity to grab a Chase or other game breaker, I think we can find very good players in the 2nd to 4th, maybe 5th rounds. This is also the same case for CBs.

I would lean heavy on DL/OL in the first round, pending that a blue-chip player isn't available.
Originally posted by Joecool:
With younger programs more focused on the passing game, positions that are geared more to passing are coming in more polished and ready to make an immediate impact. Unless there's an opportunity to grab a Chase or other game breaker, I think we can find very good players in the 2nd to 4th, maybe 5th rounds. This is also the same case for CBs.

I would lean heavy on DL/OL in the first round, pending that a blue-chip player isn't available.

Nice bump. We don't have a 1st round pick

• thl408
They should target the good college players and not the sucky ones.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Nice bump. We don't have a 1st round pick

Just saying, we don't necessarily need a DL, so if we are looking for a skill position (includes CB/FS), then we should be okay. Even OG may work out without a first round pick.

To me, the first round should be all about defense or LT/RT.
[ Edited by Joecool on Feb 8, 2022 at 8:03 AM ]
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

how about good but injured?

that's kind of our sweet spot.
Originally posted by thl408:

I'm thinking Alabama, or any player at any position from the south really

Who's Chase?
Share 49ersWebzone