Shop: 2024 49ers Training Camp Headwear →

There are 106 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2018 NFL Draft Best 50 Board- Updated 4/26

waiting for the dogs updated big board...
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I like Kelly: his build, demeanor on the field, yards after contact. He got zero help from Tennessee's OL this year.

I have a final question about kelly.

Don't you worry about his off field problems?
He was suspended for one game after being arrested for misdemeanor drug possession (marijuana) and scouts say his character is a little spotty.

I wouldn't draft him until the 4th round for the reasons you mentioned. I am not as high on the RB class as many others. Once you hit the third day, I don't mind taking a risk with certain players, especially at pick 128.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

By 4 PM, EST.

By 4 PM, EST.

awesome thank you... I print it off every year cross off the players as they get picked to see who is left

By 4 PM, EST.

awesome thank you... I print it off every year cross off the players as they get picked to see who is left

I'll restack the board for Day 2 and Day 3 as we go along. It is fun to flow with the draft as it evolves.
Wynn, Price, Ragnow, and Daniels.

Who would you take first?
Wynn by a country mile.. He's a top ten player to me, and the best OL in the draft. Then Ragnow, a top 20 pick to me. Daniels way down the board, followed by Price.
Mad Dog, a question about how you factor in where the player comes from, eg, Davenport and UT San Antone. How do you take a kid who is all world in little college ball and then project him against the kids who went to ND, Ala, etc? In D, If you compare # tackles, #sacks, use combine stuff like 40 time, cone time, plus metrics like long jump , high jump....how do you factor all this in when rating guys from the smaller colleges? When Wentz was taken i wondered just how good he was, playing other schools in the ND State system. Obviously he was great but i factored him way down the list because he didn't play against stiffer competition. Yet at combine he looked great again. So how do you do this? Once a kid is from a small school, how can he be compared to an Ala player who plays all tough schools? Thx in advance.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Mad Dog, a question about how you factor in where the player comes from, eg, Davenport and UT San Antone. How do you take a kid who is all world in little college ball and then project him against the kids who went to ND, Ala, etc? In D, If you compare # tackles, #sacks, use combine stuff like 40 time, cone time, plus metrics like long jump , high jump....how do you factor all this in when rating guys from the smaller colleges? When Wentz was taken i wondered just how good he was, playing other schools in the ND State system. Obviously he was great but i factored him way down the list because he didn't play against stiffer competition. Yet at combine he looked great again. So how do you do this? Once a kid is from a small school, how can he be compared to an Ala player who plays all tough schools? Thx in advance.

It really helps if they play in one of the postseason bowl games, which they usually do.

In the case of Wentz, he looked really solid at the Senior Bowl, and that gives confidence that he can transition to the next level. Guys like Darius Leonard this year proved they are not out of their league when they lined up with the Alabama's and USC's on the field.

Players like Alex Cappa from Humboldt State, show promise, but also need a ton of work and time. Some guys are more ready to play immediately, like a Wentz.
This is my final Best 50 Board. I also updated it on the original post page. My best board by position is on page 26 of this thread.

2018 NFL Draft Best Board
Player School Position
1 Saquon Barkley Penn St RB
2 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma QB
3 Bradley Chubb NC State DE
4 Roquan Smith Georgia ILB
5 Leighton Vander Esch Boise St ILB
6 Tremaine Edmunds Virginia Tech OLB
7 Denzel Ward Ohio St. CB
8 Minkah Fitzpatrick Alabama S
9 Isaiah Wynn Georgia G
10 Quenton Nelson Notre Dame G
11 Vita Vea Washington DT
12 Sam Darnold USC QB
13 Marcus Davenport Texas San Antonio DE
14 Harold Landry Boston College OLB
15 Da'Ron Payne Alabama DT
16 Frank Ragnow Arkansas C
17 Jaire Alexander Louisville CB
18 Isaiah Oliver Colorado CB
19 Derwin James Florida St S
20 Josh Allen Wyoming QB
21 Connor Williams Texas G
22 Sony Michel Georgia RB
23 Josh Jackson Iowa CB
24 Anthony Miller Memphis WR
25 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma OLB
26 Lorenzo Carter Georgia OLB
27 Michael Gallup Colorado St WR
28 Will Hernandez UTEP G
29 Calvin Ridley Alabama WR
30 Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB
31 DJ Moore Maryland WR
32 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St QB
33 Kolton Miller UCLA OT
34 James Washington Oklahoma St WR
35 Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame OT
36 Braden Smith Auburn G
37 Maurice Hurst Michigan DT
38 Rashaad Penny San Diego St RB
39 Darius Leonard South Carolina St OLB
40 James Daniels Iowa C
41 Josey Jewell Iowa ILB
42 Josh Rosen UCLA QB
43 Uchenna Nwosu USC OLB
44 Courtland Sutton SMU WR
45 Harrison Phillips Stanford DT
46 Derrius Guice LSU RB
47 Mike Hughes Central Florida CB
48 Austin Corbett Nevada OG
49 Dallas Goedert South Dakota St TE
50 Sam Hubbard Ohio St. DE
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 26, 2018 at 1:43 PM ]

Edmunds up to #6
This is my final Best 50 Board. I also updated it on the original post page. My best board by position is on page 26 of this thread.

2018 NFL Draft Best Board
Player School Position
1 Saquon Barkley Penn St RB
2 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma QB
3 Bradley Chubb NC State DE
4 Roquan Smith Georgia ILB
5 Leighton Vander Esch Boise St ILB
6 Tremaine Edmunds Virginia Tech OLB
7 Denzel Ward Ohio St. CB
8 Minkah Fitzpatrick Alabama S
9 Isaiah Wynn Georgia G
10 Quenton Nelson Notre Dame G
11 Vita Vea Washington DT
12 Sam Darnold USC QB
13 Marcus Davenport Texas San Antonio DE
14 Harold Landry Boston College OLB
15 Da'Ron Payne Alabama DT
16 Frank Ragnow Arkansas C
17 Jaire Alexander Louisville CB
18 Isaiah Oliver Colorado CB
19 Derwin James Florida St S
20 Josh Allen Wyoming QB
21 Connor Williams Texas G
22 Sony Michel Georgia RB
23 Josh Jackson Iowa CB
24 Anthony Miller Memphis WR
25 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma OLB
26 Lorenzo Carter Georgia OLB
27 Michael Gallup Colorado St WR
28 Will Hernandez UTEP G
29 Calvin Ridley Alabama WR
30 Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB
31 DJ Moore Maryland WR
32 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St QB
33 Kolton Miller UCLA OT
34 James Washington Oklahoma St WR
35 Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame OT
36 Braden Smith Auburn G
37 Maurice Hurst Michigan DT
38 Rashaad Penny San Diego St RB
39 Darius Leonard South Carolina St OLB
40 James Daniels Iowa C
41 Josey Jewell Iowa ILB
42 Josh Rosen UCLA QB
43 Uchenna Nwosu USC OLB
44 Courtland Sutton SMU WR
45 Harrison Phillips Stanford DT
46 Derrius Guice LSU RB
47 Mike Hughes Central Florida CB
48 Austin Corbett Nevada OG
49 Dallas Goedert South Dakota St TE
50 Sam Hubbard Ohio St. DE

Very high on Tremaine, people have bashed his instincts, is it being overblown? Are most of his issues correctable?
Maddog, why the sudden change on Edmunds? Do you feel he would be a solid pick then for the 49ers if Smith is taken?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Maddog, why the sudden change on Edmunds? Do you feel he would be a solid pick then for the 49ers if Smith is taken?

My original evaluation on Edmunds was as a Mike backer, and I was not thrilled by what I saw. However, he is going to be a very good Sam. Don't put him at Mike. He is so fast and long and young. The more I watched, the more I liked. He simply can't be the guy in the middle running the defense.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 26, 2018 at 1:54 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Wynn by a country mile.. He's a top ten player to me, and the best OL in the draft. Then Ragnow, a top 20 pick to me. Daniels way down the board, followed by Price.

You like Wynn even moreso than Nelson?
Share 49ersWebzone