There are 214 users in the forums

MadDog49er Big 150 Board

Originally posted by NCommand:
It seems fans are legitimately obsessed with players that will fall between 10 and 58.

Anyone got a realistic list of players who actually may be around pick 59?

Don't you think JL has been looking at keeping #59 and 70 and somehow getting another pick in the #35 to 44 slots? I could be wrong on the numbers he wants to keep, but how bad could it be to at least score again in the low 40s?problem is we may be digging into next yrs draft...unless we unloaded a player.
IDK but there must be away somehow to do it. It would mean a CB OG C OR S, maybe a WR or OT.
MadDog what's your opinion on Marcus Davenport ? I like Marcus davenport I think he is the second best pass rusher and I think he is worthy of a top 15 pick but there is some other people on this board that don't think he is worthy of that pick . I agree that he is raw but I think he can develop better technique . I like his fast get off and he is a great athlete . There has been a lot of great players from small schools .
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It seems fans are legitimately obsessed with players that will fall between 10 and 58.

Anyone got a realistic list of players who actually may be around pick 59?

Don't you think JL has been looking at keeping #59 and 70 and somehow getting another pick in the #35 to 44 slots? I could be wrong on the numbers he wants to keep, but how bad could it be to at least score again in the low 40s?problem is we may be digging into next yrs draft...unless we unloaded a player.
IDK but there must be away somehow to do it. It would mean a CB OG C OR S, maybe a WR or OT.

OBJ for the 59th pick? Plus a pick next year depending on production? Garoppolo to OBJ might be lethal.

Edit: better yet...trade the 9th pick for the OBJ and the 34th pick. Hmm...so many possibilities...realistic or not!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:28 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
OBJ for the 59th pick? Plus a pick next year depending on production? Garoppolo to OBJ might be lethal.

Naw
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
MadDog what's your opinion on Marcus Davenport ? I like Marcus davenport I think he is the second best pass rusher and I think he is worthy of a top 15 pick but there is some other people on this board that don't think he is worthy of that pick . I agree that he is raw but I think he can develop better technique . I like his fast get off and he is a great athlete . There has been a lot of great players from small schools .

I really like Davenport as a 4-3 DE. He is a good all-around player who gets deep into the pocket by bull rushing tackles with speed and strength. He is not a great bend around the edge player, but outstanding at collapsing the pocket. He is raw...but improved a ton during Senior Bowl week. I think he has a really bright future in the NFL.

I don't think he is a great fit for our defense. Even though I grade Landry lower than Davenport, I think Landry is the better fit in our defense. Of course, I have numerous players graded over Landry, so I think the team should keep stacking the best player available on the roster.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
This draft is the most crucial for the team in years;

A) Draft Fitzpatrick and he could make Ward or Tart expendable entering next year.
B) Draft Williams as a OT and he could make Trent Brown expendable.
C) Take Trumaine Edmunds and give team insurance if Foster keeps messing up.
D) Take best player available whom ever that is
E) Take Davenport or Landry and fill the biggest need for an edge rusher

Don't know what they are going to do but I really like Wynn at Guard.
MD, what are your thoughts on Daurice Fountain? I know his routes need tightening up and he had consistency issues, but he seems like a kid that would love to be coached. That explosive vertical and his ability to dominate the catch point are compelling, and he's light and explosive enough to accelerate out of breaks and create separation.

I'd love it if the 49ers grabbed him day 3 and Shanahan put his route-running OCD to work on this kid. I think he'd be a contributor year 2, with potential to be a star in year 3.
in evaluating sam darnold, he seems to be downgraded by many for the # of turnovers he had in 2017---how much do you factor in his losing jju ju smith schuster, darreus rogers and 3 starting olineman? and having t martin call plays?
MadDog heard Williams being compared to Zach Martin as far as projected as a great fit at RG by I believe Bucky Brooks.

Whatre your thoughts? It's a not a sexy move but a trade down and getting a 2nd or say a 3rd and 4th while getting a starting RG that can move would be perfectly fine by me.

MD must be working his tail off on getting that 256 done!

Lmao. Me and Papi NC like...
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Lmao. Me and Papi NC like...

LOL, let's get this party started!
Share 49ersWebzone