49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 735 users in the forums

Niners win coin flip to pick 9th

Browse 49ers books and videos
Who gets to make the call? Niners or Raiders?
Right after Lynch wins the coin toss he should pick up the coin, turn to the Raiders rep with a smile and say, "we take the 9th pick. Which goal do you want to defend?"
I wonder whether "winning or losing" the coin flip will turn out to be more advantageous. Winner flips picks in 2nd round then the picks flip between Niners, Raiders and Dolphins from then on how I understand it.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Feb 27, 2018 at 11:52 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I wonder whether "winning or losing" the coin flip will turn out to be more advantageous. Winner flips picks in 2nd round then the picks flip between Niners, Raiders and Dolphins from then on how I understand it.

We traded away or own 2nd rounder in the Garoppolo trade, so the flip of picks between us, the Raiders and Miami, doesn't apply to us any more.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 27, 2018 at 12:43 PM ]
As we know, winner gets the 9th pick loser gets the 10th. Flipping the coin will be... Rod Woodson?? Well, OK then. The last time we did this with the Raiders we won and drafted Vernon Davis!

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Bolt/Rod-Woodson-will-flip-coin-to-determine-Raiders-49ers-picks-115621734

ALSO San Francisco and Oakland will alternate between the ninth and 10th spots in later rounds of the draft. This would make winning the toss DOUBLY sweet cuz the Pats would select 43rd in Round 2 if the 49ers win the coin flip, but if the Raiders win, the Patriots will select 41st. (This Fish are in at 42 for also being 6-10)

https://247sports.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/Bolt/San-Francisco-49ers-Oakland-Raiders-coin-flip-to-take-place-March-2-115460058
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,898
Isn't this a duplicate of a thread in the Draft room?

Originally posted by jcs:
Isn't this a duplicate of a thread in the Draft room?


Not sure people don't follow this forum religiously bud
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by jcs:
Isn't this a duplicate of a thread in the Draft room?


Not sure people don't follow this forum religiously bud

It's a completely different websubsite. I can't speak for others, but I had no idea that that whole nfl-draft area existed for a very long time. Even now, I forget it's there and only check it on occasion.

Thank you! I've wanted to know when the coinflip was and now I do!
Originally posted by jcs:
Isn't this a duplicate of a thread in the Draft room?

Whistle blower alert....Lord English will be pleased
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 33,337
It will take place near the weight lifting bench. I think this favors the 49ers.
Originally posted by thl408:
It will take place near the weight lifting bench. I think this favors the 49ers.

lynch will will it to go our way.
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
Who gets to make the call? Niners or Raiders?

If it's like last year's toss between the Eagles/Colts, nobody will have to call anything. It'll just have the team logos on each side.
Originally posted by 16to87:
Originally posted by jcs:
Isn't this a duplicate of a thread in the Draft room?

Whistle blower alert....Lord English will be pleased

It's 49er related. Seems to belong here to give us something (ELSE!) to root for. If the mods disagree then lock away.

Anyone know if this will be televised?? NFL network maybe?
Jimmy G Spot will make the call...refs will say, "Jimmy, what's the call?"

JG: "Whatever it lands on <wink/smile>"
Ref: "That'll work. Heads or Tails it is. San Francisco gets the #9 pick."
Originally posted by NCommand:
Jimmy G Spot will make the call...refs will say, "Jimmy, what's the call?"

JG: "Whatever it lands on <wink/smile>"
Ref: "That'll work. Heads or Tails it is. San Francisco gets the #9 pick."

i demand only female refs for our games. we'll get all the calls.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone