There are 278 users in the forums

CB - Quenten Meeks - Stanford

Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No more Stanford players

Why?

Im annoyed that they have to miss OTAs. It really puts them behind as rookies and its annoying af to me.

That rule needs to change. It's idiotic.
I was not impressed with the drills i saw him run at the combine personally.
Not a fan of his at all really.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

A lot of other options than him that look better imo. Kevin Tolliver. Comes to mind as far as a 4th rounder or later.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

A lot of other options than him that look better imo. Kevin Tolliver. Comes to mind as far as a 4th rounder or later.

Disagree. Meeks is a top tier corner in this draft. Prefer him to Tolliver
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Neither was I.. but maybe, JUST maybe.. he plays better than he works out..

.. and his bad combine may just work well for us if we can land him in the 5th..
Originally posted by genus49:
That rule needs to change. It's idiotic.

It was changed. Players now have the option to join their team at the same time as everyone else.
Originally posted by 9moon:

.. and his bad combine may just work well for us if we can land him in the 5th..

I hope so. i liked him going into the combine, but it was a bad performance for me. I was not impressed. Like you said, maybe he falls to a point where we cant pass.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by 9moon:

I hope so. i liked him going into the combine, but it was a bad performance for me. I was not impressed. Like you said, maybe he falls to a point where we cant pass.

He wasn't gonna do well at the combine anyways. His strengths are playing within the scheme and diagnosing the plays. Combine doesn't measure that.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
He wasn't gonna do well at the combine anyways. His strengths are playing within the scheme and diagnosing the plays. Combine doesn't measure that.

He looked downright aweful in drills dude. I dont care about the other stuff, however drills can tell you something. Kid has stiff hips, and leaves a lot to be desired with his feet.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

He looked downright aweful in drills dude. I dont care about the other stuff, however drills can tell you something. Kid has stiff hips, and leaves a lot to be desired with his feet.

So we just gonna ignore in game film because of practice drills that can be irrelevant? A sub-par player can look like a champ in those non-contact drills.

So we just gonna ignore in game film because of practice drills that can be irrelevant? A sub-par player can look like a champ in those non-contact drills.

Thats not what im saying. Im saying those drills should not be totally ignored. nothing should be looked at in a vacuum with these guys.

Stiff hips and concerning footwork are kinda a big deal for a CB.

Like i said, i like the kid, but i would not be surprised if he saw a considerable drop in his draft stock after the combine.

Thats not what im saying. Im saying those drills should not be totally ignored. nothing should be looked at in a vacuum with these guys.

Like i said, i like the kid, but i would not be surprised if he saw a considerable drop in his draft stock after the combine.

Yeah for a lot of positions the combine is overrated but for dbs its a bigger deal than most. They have to be the most athletic people on the field cause their backpedaling against fast and big receivers and have to be able to tackle as well. That said, I do like Meeks film.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Shiiiiid even better. See you in the 6th round lol
Let's bring him in and let Dick Sherman help coach him up!
Share 49ersWebzone