There are 232 users in the forums

Your 5 2018 NFL Draft 'Crushes"

WR- Calvin Ridley
TE- Dallas Goedert (satisfied with Kittle but I think we can create some matchup problems with Goedert)
RB- Mark Walton (huge U fan and I think we can get some great value with him as a late pick)
ILB- Roquan Smith (perfect linebacker for this system)
Dawin James added
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Tremaine Edmunds

Marcell Ateman

Shaquem Griffin

Derwin James

Ray Lawry

Good stuff
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Saquon Barkley - Does the ridiculous, beats people he has no right beating, his moves have moves, awesome out of the backfield, + work ethic and character.

Isaiah Wynn - Moves like a Tackle, but too short, only lineman not to get beat in the whole Senior bowl, perfect fit

Quenton Nelson - Mauler with great footwork and elite pass protection. Rare, Larry Allen rare

Anthony Miller - Runs great routes, has great hands and plays much bigger than he is. Reminds me of Steve Smith

Shaquem Griffin - Plays like there is no tomorrow, relentless effort and burst to go with it, literally lived in the film room. Has one hand and will do anything to prove he belongs, and he does.

Ooh I forgot Kerryon Johnson!!!! Aarrrgh - Ok I have 6! Explosive as a runner, very good out of the backfield, can make you miss or run over you.

With comments added
Ignored the likes of Barkley, Chubb, Nelson because I'm certain they're gone by 9 and tbh I'm eyeing a trade back anyway.

1. Rashaan Evans - Quick, strong, hits hard. A well balanced LB who if paired with Foster would give opposition offences nightmares. Could even play SAM if need be that first year to fill a gap for us until replacing Smith.

2. Harold Landry - speed speed speed. We need an edge rusher, we need speed. This guy would kill it off the edge for us and if he doesn't get the QB would herd him towards Buckner/Thomas.

3. Braden Smith - Perfect fit for our scheme. Has great hand technique that allows him to push, pull and force his way to the next level quickly.

4. Equanimeous St Brown - Against the Jags Jimmy G had padsed to 9 receivers in the first half alone. In our sytem there's no pressure for a rookie to come in and be that 10 target a game guy from the outset. That allows us to take the guy who imo has the highest ceiling. St Brown is tall, strong, fast and a very polished route runner who can get seperation. Jimmy G throwing to a target that big who can get seperation - yes please.

5. Bret Toth/Greg Senat - Will end with my day 3 late round target. Good size, but also athleticism. Wouldn't shock me if Toth was one of the quickest OT's in this draft even at 6'6 305 and suits a zone heavy run scheme.
Goedert - 2 tight end O can be deadly. Closest thing tonGronk I've seen in a while play wise. How he snatches and sheds. Must!

Ward - He is unreal.

J Jackson - He is also unreal. Would take him right behind ward. I go back and forth on these two but I'll be sad if one of them isn't our first pick. Unless it's Nelson or Key.

Anthony Miller - That is AB right there. Have you seen anything so close to Antonio Brown in your life. Must Draft!

There are allot of impressive guards so add Nelson, Daniels, and Wynn here. I would still prefer one of these dbs overall but can't hate a Nelson or Wynn pick in the first.

Key - He is unstoppable force when healthy. If we don't pick him I really hope Seattle or Az don't. Because talent wise he prob should be our first pick.

Other guys I love... Walton, DJ Moore, Gallup, S Griffin,

Top overall player: Baker Mayfield (it's so obvious)
The two crushes I have are:
1.Nelson
2.Edmunds

I believe we need to trade up for this mauler of a guard in Nelson even if it is one slot up. He would fulfill a huge need, provide added protection to our greatest investment, and facilitate the job of our backs.

Edmunds is a beast and I prefer him over Roquan, but Nelson gets the nod from me.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
The two crushes I have are:
1.Nelson
2.Edmunds

I believe we need to trade up for this mauler of a guard in Nelson even if it is one slot up. He would fulfill a huge need, provide added protection to our greatest investment, and facilitate the job of our backs.

Edmunds is a beast and I prefer him over Roquan, but Nelson gets the nod from me.

I think we'd have to trade up with the Jets to secure Nelson cause I think Bucs will take him unless someone they love falls like Chubb or Fitz. Don't think Bears would IMO.
Obviously im one of the biggest fans of Darwin James lol, but i really think this kid Walton may be the second best RB in this draft.....

Came out of HS a year early, three year player in College. Will be 100% healthy for the Combine. not even 21 years old.

Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Goedert - 2 tight end O can be deadly. Closest thing tonGronk I've seen in a while play wise. How he snatches and sheds. Must!

Ward - He is unreal.

J Jackson - He is also unreal. Would take him right behind ward. I go back and forth on these two but I'll be sad if one of them isn't our first pick. Unless it's Nelson or Key.

Anthony Miller - That is AB right there. Have you seen anything so close to Antonio Brown in your life. Must Draft!

There are allot of impressive guards so add Nelson, Daniels, and Wynn here. I would still prefer one of these dbs overall but can't hate a Nelson or Wynn pick in the first.

Key - He is unstoppable force when healthy. If we don't pick him I really hope Seattle or Az don't. Because talent wise he prob should be our first pick.

Each day I'm leaning towards ward and hope he's the pick, the saints made a huge turnaround on d with marshon lattimore. Ward and we get that pass rush on point we're looking like a top d

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Obviously im one of the biggest fans of Darwin James lol, but i really think this kid Walton may be the second best RB in this draft.....

Came out of HS a year early, three year player in College. Will be 100% healthy for the Combine. not even 21 years old.

I still don't want to have to draft a RB, but I'd love Walton if we do..hard for me to really distinguish the order of the top 5 after Barkley.

Barkley - Fred Taylor
Guice - Jay Ajaiyi with more top end speed
Walton - Faster Alvin Kamara (as a runner)
RoJo - Jamaal Charles
Michel - Somewhere between a rich man's Jerrick McKinnon, Tevin Coleman, and a slightly poorer man's preinjury Willis McGahee
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:

Ward - He is unreal.

Each day I'm leaning towards ward and hope he's the pick, the saints made a huge turnaround on d with marshon lattimore. Ward and we get that pass rush on point we're looking like a top d

Im with you with Ward. As much as I love Nelson, I think the Niners can get someone like Braden Smith later in the draft and would be better off grabbing Ward or Jackson in the 1st. If there was a tremendous pass rusher available at 9 or 10 that would make sense but I dont see Chubb lasting that long and dont think Key or Landry are worth being selected that high.
(1) Dallas Goedert
(2) Uchenna Nwosu
(3)Quentin Nelson
(4)Holton Hill
(5)Derwin James
Late round sleeper -Frankie Luvu
Out of the 1st Round Talents

Roquan Smith
Quentin Nelson
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Saquan Barkley
Bradley Chubb