LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 363 users in the forums

Mark Walton RB Miami

I see a lot of mocks that have us going after him...Matt miller & draftwire seems to be pegging him to us.

He was injuried a good portion of this yr, but when healthy seems like a quality 3 down back.

He's 5-9 205 who's got some quickness. He's got soft hands and might be a ideal fit for Kyle's offense

Thoughts?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 5, 2018 at 9:26 AM ]
The last time we drafted a rb from the U it turned okay okay
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The last time we drafted a rb from the U it turned okay okay

Lol right if healthy could be a steal in the 3rd
Very good RB. Good combo of balance, agility, and explosiveness. His tape is chock-full of Barkley-esque jump cuts.

My only gripe is that at times he dances too much. He needs to be more assertive pressing his running lanes.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 5, 2018 at 10:29 AM ]
BTW did they ever disclose the nature of his injury? Was it bone, tendon or ligament? Medicals are going to be huge for Walton. Could make or break his stock.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 5, 2018 at 10:34 AM ]
I love this kid. Aside from Sony Michel he is my favorite back in the draft.

If he had a healthy year he would be a 1sr round RB.

Let Hyde leave, sign Isaiah Crowell and draft this kid to compete with Breida and maybe Williams.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
I love this kid. Aside from Sony Michel he is my favorite back in the draft.

If he had a healthy year he would be a 1sr round RB.

Let Hyde leave, sign Isaiah Crowell and draft this kid to compete with Breida and maybe Williams.

There's no reason to sign Crowell and draft Walton imo. Bredia and Williams will be on the team for at least this season and Walton rounds out the Corp...pass on Crowell
Originally posted by Heroism:
Very good RB. Good combo of balance, agility, and explosiveness. His tape is chock-full of Barkley-esque jump cuts.

My only gripe is that at times he dances too much. He needs to be more assertive pressing his running lanes.

Yeah he does dance around (as does Barkley). Not sure exactly what the injury to the ankle was.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
There's no reason to sign Crowell and draft Walton imo. Bredia and Williams will be on the team for at least this season and Walton rounds out the Corp...pass on Crowell

Im not chancing our running game on a rookie and a UDFA from last year.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Im not chancing our running game on a rookie and a UDFA from last year.

That's why you draft a RB. I'm not throwing Crowell $ 6 million a yr when a rookie RB could put up the same stats that he could.

Let some other team give him a big raise.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 5, 2018 at 1:17 PM ]
Glad you made a thread about him, I think he has to be taken in the 3rd bc he will be gone by the niners 4th round pick, he's 1 of my favorites, I think he's going to be a steal for whoever drafts him..
That's why you draft a RB. I'm not throwing Crowell $ 6 million a yr when a rookie RB could put up the same stats that he could.

Let some other team give him a big raise.

Big raise? Who cares?? We have 120 million to spend man. The more good quality starters we can get the better.

Breida will be nothing more than a change of pace back. A guy who can handle 10-12 carries a game. Joe Williams? I'm not even counting him on my latest 53. You would be willing to give a rookie 3rd round RB or a 190 pound former UDFA 20 carries a game or important carries in the 4th quarter when we are trying to hold onto leads? I wouldnt.

Don't let the success of Hunt and Kamara blind you. 3rd rounders coming in and making an impact rarely happens.

In my latest mock I'm working on I have us signing Crowell and drafting LSU's Derrius Guice after a trade down. Crowell and Guice would be a deadly duo and paired with Jimmy our offense would be great.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 6, 2018 at 5:06 AM ]
Crowell is a superior back to Breida. If signing him means it pushes him down the depth chart it's a good thing.
Share 49ersWebzone