There are 112 users in the forums

Austin Corbett-OG-Nevada

Obviously not a consideration for the Niners in the first round, but taking this kid in the late 2nd or early 3rd would be awesome. Bring him on!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Obviously not a consideration for the Niners in the first round, but taking this kid in the late 2nd or early 3rd would be awesome. Bring him on!

Love the fact he could be in the mix down the road for the T spot or could slide in if someone goes down,assuming he'd win a G starting spot(No G spot jokes gentlemen )

Why I like Ragnow as well for versatility at C/G.

Matt Miller is saying a lot of executives have him as a top 40 pick

He's been getting comp to Joel Bitonio (yes both went to Nevada) Shanny was part of the crew that drafted him 35th overall.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's been getting comp to Joel Bitonio (yes both went to Nevada) Shanny was part of the crew that drafted him 35th overall.

If we don't think Garnett and Cooper can get it done we gotta trade up for our guy.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
If we don't think Garnett and Cooper can get it done we gotta trade up for our guy.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think if we're trading up from 59 (and I really think we will) I think it will be to address either edge rush or LB. there are some great prospects for either who should fall within 25-50 who would be ideal.

I think Garnett, Cooper and Magnussen are good enough to push Guard a little down the list, unless they are clearly BPA (As Nelson would be).
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

One thing about Corbett is he's a little light in the pants. Dude only put up 19 reps on the bench and would be moving from tackle to guard. I think teams that run zone blocking are gonna be the only ones interested in him, so maybe he drops

I like him a lot, but I wouldn't be shocked if they roll with the 3 former 1st rd picks at guard and grab a guy like Sean Welsh in the 5th/6th rd.

I like him a lot, but I wouldn't be shocked if they roll with the 3 former 1st rd picks at guard and grab a guy like Sean Welsh in the 5th/6th rd.

I'm starting to feel the same way. Kyle sounded like he had a lot of faith in Laken Tomlinson at the owner's meetings and liked how he progressed later in the year. They'll probably grab an interior guy late on day 3. I think they're trying to find a tackle, but that player might not be in this draft.

BTW, I think Sean Welsh should go undrafted. Did you see his body at the combine? He looked like my drunken fat uncle.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I'm starting to feel the same way. Kyle sounded like he had a lot of faith in Laken Tomlinson at the owner's meetings and liked how he progressed later in the year. They'll probably grab an interior guy late on day 3. I think they're trying to find a tackle, but that player might not be in this draft.

BTW, I think Sean Welsh should go undrafted. Did you see his body at the combine? He looked like my drunken fat uncle.

Sean Welsh is built exactly like Don Vito.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Sean Welsh is built exactly like Don Vito.

Where's my veal escalope!

Where's my veal escalope!

• FL9er
  • Veteran
According to Tony Pauline, he might not get to pick #45, let alone #59.

http://draftanalyst.com/offensive-line-rankings-few-surprises
5. AUSTIN CORBETT, Nevada (6-4 ½, 309, 5.15, 1-2): Walked on in 2013 before taking over for Joel Bitonio (Browns) at LT in '14. "He's better than Bitonio," said one scout. "This guy is physical. Shows drive as a run blocker and quick to the second level. Can mirror, but has some problems reacting back inside as a pass blocker. I don't know if he's a left tackle but he's a guard for sure." Started 49 straight games at LT but one scout said he could have five-position versatility. "Arm length (33 1/8) would be a concern at tackle," said another scout. "He's a physical dirtbag. Aggressive." Tested well athletically and posted 30 on the Wonderlic. "That (bleep) is tough," said a third scout. "He's an overachiever. He can play guard or center. He went to the Senior Bowl and he really grew on me. He is a top-shelf kid." From Sparks, Nev.

Would love to see this guy end up as a 49er in addition to McGlinchey.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Corbett or Braden Smith today.....or both!!!
Share 49ersWebzone