There are 186 users in the forums

Isaiah Wynn OG/OT/C Georgia

Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean I don't want my linemen to have small hands either.

Why does hand size matter on an offensive lineman?

Or anyone really?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I mean I don't want my linemen to have small hands either.

Why does hand size matter on an offensive lineman?

Or anyone really?

huh? it's all about leverage, hand usage, and strength (hand strength as well) down in the trenches. Bucker has 11 3/4 inch hands you think Wynn's 8" hands will help him vs a guy like Buck?

Hand size is also part of arm length man, longer hands = longer arms all of which equals an advantage to that prospect.

If you think hand size doesn't matter to just about every position in football not sure what to tell ya.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 23, 2018 at 8:21 AM ]
huh? it's all about leverage, hand usage, and strength (hand strength as well) down in the trenches. Bucker has 11 3/4 inch hands you think Wynn's 8" hands will help him vs a guy like Buck?

Hand size is also part of arm length man, longer hands = longer arms all of which equals an advantage to that prospect.

If you think hand size doesn't matter to just about every position in football not sure what to tell ya.

It obviously helps, but if a guy can play then height/weight/speed/arm length and certainly hand size doesn't matter, just get football players, and this guy is one.
Hand size matters, but I wish they'd try to quantify grip strength. I think that's more important than the actual size of a hand for most positions.

A bigger hand has bigger potential to be stronger, but that's not always the case. Some guys just have insane grip strength.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 23, 2018 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
It obviously helps, but if a guy can play then height/weight/speed/arm length and certainly hand size doesn't matter, just get football players, and this guy is one.

I like him, but that most certainly doesn't help him in the draft process. You got good interior OL prospects all over the place in this draft and if you have a similar grade on him vs say Braden Smith and one guy has baby hands (for a football player) and the other guy had the length that very well could be the difference.

Length/speed/power all play a part in a prospects ceiling as a football player. Your arms and hands aren't gonna magically get bigger so it limits your upside.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 23, 2018 at 9:13 AM ]
It is an irregularly small number. We are soon going to see if the hand size is an issue. My guess is that it makes very little difference. He played LT at a high level last year against some pretty good competition.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 23, 2018 at 9:21 AM ]
It won't ding him much, but like NY said, it could be the difference between two similarly graded players. It is truly such an absurdly small number; makes ya thing they measured wrong haha. He certainly excelled thus far despite his baby hands, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some video displaying his grip strength in the near future in response to the scrutiny he'll face because of them.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
It won't ding him much, but like NY said, it could be the difference between two similarly graded players. It is truly such an absurdly small number; makes ya thing they measured wrong haha. He certainly excelled thus far despite his baby hands, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some video displaying his grip strength in the near future in response to the scrutiny he'll face because of them.

Hopefully the difference between top of round 2, to falling to our pick! Kid is a stud, Jeremy Beadle hands or not.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Right? I saw the number and was confused lol

If it pushes him down a little works for me because he's still a good prospect.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 24, 2018 at 4:41 AM ]
Garoppolo has small hands.

And I still love him.

I think my hands are bigger than that

Good. It will push him to the 3rd.
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Garoppolo has small hands.

And I still love him.

his hands are actually bigger than Wynn's lol
He stood out in the one on one drills yesterday and profiles better as a G than a T....

Those baby hands must be a trip combined with that large frame.

Chicks be like "damn, you got smaller hands than me!"

"Its alright baby, Im big where it counts."

Dude must have an ego trip everytime he faps with those mini-sized mitts.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Those baby hands must be a trip combined with that large frame.

Chicks be like "damn, you got smaller hands than me!"

"Its alright baby, Im big where it counts."

Dude must have an ego trip everytime he faps with those mini-sized mitts.

I can't imagine being 6-2 310 and having baby hands.

Share 49ersWebzone