LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Trade #9 or 10 only to buffalo for 21 & 22

Trade #9 or 10 only to buffalo for 21 & 22

Originally posted by jersey49er:
It all depends on who is available at 9, I'd have a hard time doing that trade if Nelson or Smith were available..I honestly think those 2 players are going to be great..

yep exactly this. if a stud is there at 9 or 10 you take them
Based on the proposed trade, I'd do it and take Dallas Goedert, TE and Rashaan Evans, LB.
Assuming that's offered? Absolutely.

Granted it's hard to say who will be available but adding 2 impact players would be very welcome in the first round. Would allow us to grab a sliding pass rusher and maybe even land Calvin Ridley depending how the WR picks shake out.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Based on the proposed trade, I'd do it and take Dallas Goedert, TE and Rashaan Evans, LB.

Moving Foster to WILL?
I'd only do this trade if Nelson, Barkley, Roquan, and Josh Jackson were gone. Otherwise. Take one of them
Absolutely, yes. But most that's a deal they shouldn't do, according to most pick-value charts.

Other problem, say Bills want to trade up for a QB...why to 9 or 10? The teams directly behind us aren't taking a QB--unless the Skins (13) lose Cousins, the next team likely to take a QB is the Cards (15). That means the Bills, theoretically, only need to move up to the Packers spot at 14 (or Bengals at 12) to get their guy.

I think a better trade-down partner is with the Cowboys, who could look to move up for any of Roquan Smith, Calvin Ridley, or Derwin James--all guys who are among BPAs around 9/10 and who they need more than we do. #9 for #19+50 is close to balanced (still favors us).
Hell yes the team takes that deal.

Good players always fall due to other teams reaching and this team has multiple needs!

Can get a starting cb and oline with those 2 picks.

Unless they have a olb pass rusher that they deem a total difference maker and that's the only way since that position is the hardest to acquire.
Every year the board is filled with individuals cheering on the trade down scenarios and I'm not sure it's that cut and dry. What San Francisco needs is a game changer and if they have that available at 9 then forget trading out. In the NFL you have the stars and then you have what I call roster filler. San Francisco has had a problem in recent years because their roster is littered with players that are replaceable while lacking any difference makers.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 8, 2018 at 9:51 AM ]
I love this idea! We have to trade back. It's a must! We have way to many holes to fill. Especially at OL. Trade back and turn our 8 picks into 10/11 picks. This also gives us ammunition to trade back up like last year and select again. potentially getting 2 of the top lineman in the draft. 4 out of 5 lineman on our offensive line are nothing more than 3rd string imo. they don't get any push off the line. also think after seeing the panthers guards play yesterday that all the free agent lineman are fools gold. we need to focus on the other skill positions in FA like pass rush LB, CB, #1 Wr, and TE. Then we draft lineman like crazy, let them compete and use the best 5. We need youth, size, speed, and footwork. The last time we drafted two OL in the first round we instantly turned our ol into a pro bowl unit. This is a must happen.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If the blue chip players are off the board -- I'm all for it.

There's essentially no drop-off in talent in some key positions that will be there at 10.

Any trade down scenario posted on the zone should have the point calculator done for the proposal and put in the OP.

There is No WAY THE BIlls do this as the 9th pick is 1400 points and 21 and 22 combined are 2100 points. That is a 700 point discrepancy, that they would not do.

I believe the team needs a lot, so pull the trigger if this is available, if not draft bpa.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Any trade down scenario posted on the zone should have the point calculator done for the proposal and put in the OP.

There is No WAY THE BIlls do this as the 9th pick is 1400 points and 21 and 22 combined are 2100 points. That is a 700 point discrepancy, that they would not do.

I believe the team needs a lot, so pull the trigger if this is available, if not draft bpa.

So that's a yes for you?
Bills Mafia would be hiring hitmen if this trade happened. With that kinda trade they could move up to 3rd overall.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Would need to give our 2nd; would rather do 9/10 for 21, their 2nd, and 2 picks next year. (2019 draft)
Originally posted by FL9er:
Would need to give our 2nd; would rather do 9/10 for 21, their 2nd, and 2 picks next year. (2019 draft)

AA and a 5th . You dont always have to do EXACT even compensation. They wanna move up, youre gonna have lose a lil but IF you think thats "your" guy then you pull the trigger and dont look back.
Share 49ersWebzone