There are 250 users in the forums

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

Every time we passed on him I just kept getting the feeling he would end up in our division.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Every time we passed on him I just kept getting the feeling he would end up in our division.

He was probably my number 1 draft crush now I gotta hope he sucks
If he ends up being a good player and we predictably have no pass rush his season someone in our front office better be f**king fired or have their power entirely stripped. Whoever chose Street over him is a f**king joke.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
If he ends up being a good player and we predictably have no pass rush his season someone in our front office better be f**king fired or have their power entirely stripped. Whoever chose Street over him is a f**king joke.

Saleh
Massive kick in the nuts for him to go to the Rams, I hope I was wrong
😡
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Ogbonnio to rams. He might never become a solid starter, time will tell. But regardless, there is some great value for him in the mid 5th round.

I have doubts that he has enough juice to start as a traditional edge. However, I think he could thrive under Wade Phillips's one gap 'n attack style.
Sounds like he just had foot surgery
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yep. Supposedly he might be back in TC but doubt he'll be ready to fully participate.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So teams have more access to the medicals than draftniks or fans? Crazy

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

But we picked a safety to play CB in the 3rd. Then another DL we know wont play this year in the 4th. So i cant see his foot surgery as the reason we passed
Originally posted by krizay:
But we picked a safety to play CB in the 3rd. Then another DL we know wont play this year in the 4th. So i cant see his foot surgery as the reason we passed

Depends on what the medical says. Foot issues can be hugely problematic. Pat Willis can attest.

I think they liked Jerry, marsh, and pita all better personally.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I think they liked Jerry, marsh, and pita all better personally.

Personally I really liked Landry, and I have absolutely no proof of this, but I think they traded up trying for Landry but ended up with Pettis. Having said that, Jerry, Marsh, and Pita all can still develop and be *the guy* to rush the QB on passing downs. As for Obo, he was another edge rusher I saw some clips of, and he was impressive too. I think for next year, ShanaLynch is preparing for another blockbuster trade (like the Jimmy Trade) but this time for an edge rusher.

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Several things to consider

Some players will shine in one system, but not another, depends on what they ask him to do. In as far as injuries go, the niners are looking to who will be more valuable not just this season but after that. They may see Street contributing more than Ogbonnia overall. When rookies miss OTAs, that hurts a lot of players, they can read a lot of the playbook but nothing compares to getting on the field and being critiqued on their assignments and how they can improve. Not only that, but physically they have to catch up. They had to ease in Aldon and he was healthy his rookie year, so how much can you expect from Og especially in his rookie year if he is coming off an injury? It can be the same with new vets, but in Sherman's case, he is familiar with the system already and what is required and he is familiar with Selah.

People forget also that teams have information that the media pundits don't and all the fans are just basing their information on what the media says and some youtube videos, not coaches film. The other thing is interviews that teams conduct. Even the media doesn't conduct interviews with these kids unless they are in the top half of the draft, they usually rely on scouts or talking with some team's FO who usually goes unnamed (what if the team source is cellar dwellar ). The exception being Gruden with QBs for his shows.

Picking a safety in the third who they want to try at CB doesn't matter, Sherman is going to play. If not, Ward will for now. If he works out and just needs to sit and learn for a couple of years we will be set. If the player doesn't work out, he can always move back to his original position. Stablizing the defensive backfield not just now but for the future as well.
[ Edited by WildBill on Jun 2, 2018 at 2:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone