LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 145 users in the forums

Simmie Cobbs Jr.

https://youtu.be/kRZRP9K90rI

Vs Ohio

https://youtu.be/3ZbYDsNEFTY

If we take care of the o-line in free agency or with our first pick, or if we trade back and land more picks I wouldn't mind taking Cobbs with our second rounder from the Saints. (If he's still there).

He's a large/tall WR with very reliable hands. His wide catch radius and size is something we've been missing for years. Last WR I really wanted us to draft was Allen Robinson, I think Cobbs could potentially have the same impact in the NFL.

He's stuck in a bad offense with questionable QB play and not so great rushing. Missed most of last year with an ankle injury but hit the 1000 mark his first year starting. He's 6'4" 220.

Other than his size what jumps out for me is his ability to come down with contested balls, at times with only one hand. He's reliable, doesn't give up on routes (even with poor QB play) and isn't afraid to put his body on the line down the middle.

He may slip to late second because of an arrest a couple years ago. It was lame, security at a concert arrested him for not clearing the aisles after the show ended. Basically for standing in peoples way. Kinda petty. It may show a lack of judgment but some law enforcement can be a tad overzealous at times.

Anyhow, check out his "tape" and let me know what you think. There's better WR prospects early/mid first round, I really like Courtland Sutton but I don't think we'll be going after WR's in the first. What say you?
Yes! he is my favorite of all the big bodied WRs in this upcoming draft. He has produced with questionable QB play and against top defenses. He completely abused ohio state. He isnt just a big body, he is a great route runner to create space and constantly makes contested catches showing off his great hands. Super underrated and flying under the radar
Cobbs > sutton
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Cobbs > sutton

Maybe...not sure about that. Cobbs is a better route runner and may be a tad more refined but Sutton may have a higher long term ceiling. I'd be happy with either guy in a Niner uniform.
Looked good in a loss, so did Mack
Cobbs > sutton

I agree.. I see a bit of Michael Thomas in Cobbs. Good hands, he's quick in space so he can make people miss and not just big jump ball reciever. Basing this off his highlights and games he has online, as I haven't watched him live. But looks like he can be a solid pro
Originally posted by DJamhour:
Cobbs > sutton

I agree.. I see a bit of Michael Thomas in Cobbs. Good hands, he's quick in space so he can make people miss and not just big jump ball reciever. Basing this off his highlights and games he has online, as I haven't watched him live. But looks like he can be a solid pro

kinda reminds me of andre johnson. He isnt someone who just gets by on his size in college. He has great speed, good route running, catches with his hands, and comes down with the 50/50 balls
This is my favorite WR in the draft. Would be a great complement to what we have currently with Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor.
I haven't delved too deep into the tape, but from small sample size I've seen, I don't see the type of separation and YAC ability Kyle covets. It appears that he only works a vertical route tree. Also, there's slop in his technique. I've already seen multiple false steps releasing from the LOS.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I haven't delved too deep into the tape, but from small sample size I've seen, I don't see the type of separation and YAC ability Kyle covets. It appears that he only works a vertical route tree. Also, there's slop in his technique. I've already seen multiple false steps releasing from the LOS.

Yeah I agree, not saying he cant be good in the NFL, but his route running isnt very presise, in college I'm sure his height and hands allowed him to still succeed but not in the pro's. He does have amazing hands tho!

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Pretty decent film here. Good speed for a big WR. Would like to see him be a bit more physical for his size but the brust out of his cuts and the hands are there to play in a WCO offense. Day 3 prospect?
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Jan 2, 2018 at 12:48 AM ]
Have to be honest, receiver is pretty low down on my priorities now. I think with Garoppolo throwing to them our stable looks good. And the O line, edge rusher, cb, ilb and maybe a big pass catching tight end come first. It is perfectly doable as long as Lynch remains focused on needs rather than wants.
Originally posted by English:
Have to be honest, receiver is pretty low down on my priorities now. I think with Garoppolo throwing to them our stable looks good. And the O line, edge rusher, cb, ilb and maybe a big pass catching tight end come first. It is perfectly doable as long as Lynch remains focused on needs rather than wants.

I agree that WR is not priority, but a mid-round pick would be right. I believe Shanahan has mentioned the need for some height, particularly to help with the RZ scoring. Cobbs seems height, quickness, can and is willing to block. If he's gone by our 4th or 5th round pick, 6-5 Allen Lazard might be available.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This is my favorite WR in the draft. Would be a great complement to what we have currently with Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor.

I don't think Lynch and Shanahan will be touching him with his off field issues.
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
https://youtu.be/kRZRP9K90rI

Vs Ohio

https://youtu.be/3ZbYDsNEFTY

If we take care of the o-line in free agency or with our first pick, or if we trade back and land more picks I wouldn't mind taking Cobbs with our second rounder from the Saints. (If he's still there).

He's a large/tall WR with very reliable hands. His wide catch radius and size is something we've been missing for years. Last WR I really wanted us to draft was Allen Robinson, I think Cobbs could potentially have the same impact in the NFL.

He's stuck in a bad offense with questionable QB play and not so great rushing. Missed most of last year with an ankle injury but hit the 1000 mark his first year starting. He's 6'4" 220.

Other than his size what jumps out for me is his ability to come down with contested balls, at times with only one hand. He's reliable, doesn't give up on routes (even with poor QB play) and isn't afraid to put his body on the line down the middle.

He may slip to late second because of an arrest a couple years ago. It was lame, security at a concert arrested him for not clearing the aisles after the show ended. Basically for standing in peoples way. Kinda petty. It may show a lack of judgment but some law enforcement can be a tad overzealous at times.

Anyhow, check out his "tape" and let me know what you think. There's better WR prospects early/mid first round, I really like Courtland Sutton but I don't think we'll be going after WR's in the first. What say you?

Allen Lazard Iowa st.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC0HMY6J-ZM

Little faster and a little quick twitch...IMHO
Share 49ersWebzone