LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

Joshua Jackson CB/Iowa

Originally posted by 49ers808:
I feel like this guy is going to be a stud. Wish we could get him somehow but I just don't see it happening cause he's going top of the 1st and we ain't using our 1st pick on a CB

Can always trade back up. You never know. We do have an extra 3rd as ammo
If the niners trade down far enough they might take him. He might be 1st CB off the board
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
If the niners trade down far enough they might take him. He might be 1st CB off the board

Nah i do NOT want a Rashaun Woods 2.0 situation. I remember ESPN praised us at the time for the double trade down. If it was a double? Coulda been a single. Ill never forget cause Vince Wilfork fell in our laps. Was it Donahue or Scotty that got cute?
Not that I think this guy doesn't deserve to go high, but I think the talk of CB1 is a bit unwarranted with people over reacting to his big interception totals.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Not that I think this guy doesn't deserve to go high, but I think the talk of CB1 is a bit unwarranted with people over reacting to his big interception totals.

Yeah he's benefitting from have some crazy ints. My CB1 is still Jaire.

1. Jaire Alexander
2. Kevin Toliver
3. Denzel Ward
4. Josh Jackson
5. Tavares McFadden
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

1. Jaire Alexander
2. Kevin Toliver
3. Denzel Ward
4. Josh Jackson
5. Tavares McFadden

Jaire Alexander has been injured this season, I don't think he'll even declare. I'm hoping Lynch signs Trumane Johnson and maybe getting a CB in the mid to late rounds.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

1. Jaire Alexander
2. Kevin Toliver
3. Denzel Ward
4. Josh Jackson
5. Tavares McFadden

Jaire Alexander has been injured this season, I don't think he'll even declare. I'm hoping Lynch signs Trumane Johnson and maybe getting a CB in the mid to late rounds.

I'm hoping he declares and falls to us in the second round due to the injury. If he stays another year he would be my CB2 next year. Jaire s tape I've seen is better than any of the draft eligible guys I've seen this year. But Jack Jones is the best CB in college football imo
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Nah i do NOT want a Rashaun Woods 2.0 situation. I remember ESPN praised us at the time for the double trade down. If it was a double? Coulda been a single. Ill never forget cause Vince Wilfork fell in our laps. Was it Donahue or Scotty that got cute?

My favorite non 49er player of all time.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

So of all juniors or seniors in the big 10 only, he has the lowest passer rating. Those writers sure now how to make it sound a lot sexier
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 5, 2017 at 8:14 PM ]

So of all juniors or seniors in the big 10 only, he has the lowest passer rating. Those writers sure now how to make it sound a lot sexier

Just a little info that's all I'm looking more at only vgiving up 39 catches with 7 ints and 17 PBs

I know he's not your jam lol

Just a little info that's all I'm looking more at only vgiving up 39 catches with 7 ints and 17 PBs

I know he's not your jam lol

I like him I really do I just laugh at obscure stat dropping like that.
I like him I really do I just laugh at obscure stat dropping like that.

Yeah the first part is a bit silly....this is what caught my eye

" He was targeted 88 times this season, only giving up 39 receptions while intercepting 7 passes and breaking up 17 more.. A minimum of 115 targets and a rating of 40.2"

I truly haven't dived in draft mode yet.

1. Jaire Alexander
2. Kevin Toliver
3. Denzel Ward
4. Josh Jackson
5. Tavares McFadden

You really think Toliver is better?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

1. Jaire Alexander
2. Kevin Toliver
3. Denzel Ward
4. Josh Jackson
5. Tavares McFadden

You really think Toliver is better?

Yes. I think Toliver is one of the most underrated players in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone