There are 264 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Steelers could've really used him

But the 49ers sure as hell could have use him....and they were in position to do so.
But the 49ers sure as hell could have use him....and they were in position to do so.

We could've used Bosa too. And Brian Burns. And Devin Bush.
Originally posted by Scottie15:

We could've used Bosa too. And Brian Burns. And Devin Bush.

at least the latter are healthy.
at least the latter are healthy.

Bush is playing with a bad shoulder.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
I guess I have a different definition of beast like play lol. Like I said he had a good game but I saw more indication that the Dolphins OL was crap but to be fair just cuz the OL sucks and don't block properly doesn't mean a guy can't whiff on plays and when he didn't get blocked properly he did make the play so kudos to him.

Really sounds like you didn't see his full play. You talk as if he only made plays unguarded. Ignoring that he disengaged from the right tackle to stop the run and get to the QB. Showed he's working on pass rush moves. Then played some LB and made plays there too. Chased Ballage down like a beast.

There were a couple whiffs by the o line and he took advantage of it like he should've. Good thing for him is the jags have a great defense and will create those opportunities for him.

This is a guy that still needs much more work to be a consistent starter . But that performance was electric.

It was a good performance and I've said as much but when people are calling someone a beast, at least in my book I'm looking for a guy who's dominant and straight up bullying people. That RT was straight garbage. I don't think he even tried to block him.

And I did watch it. That highlight didn't include the plays where he was getting pushed down the field as they ran to his side, that time on the left.

I liked Allen and he's in a great spot with all that talent there but I have an issue with the "should've taken Allen" crowd. He still has work to do and Bosa was the better fit for what we needed. Now of course we can't compare preseason performances for an obvious reason but I'm confident once Bosa is back from his ankle injury he'll show people what a well rounded DE prospect looks like.

Quit being so defensive. No one said anything about Bosa or why Allen "should've" been the pick. There is nothing wrong with a few people giving a rookie some credit when he's having a good game.

Dude it was vs Jesse Davis. I'm not gonna give a ton of praise to a guy that beat a UDFA who's arguably one of the worst starting RTs in the NFL. IF that was Bosa I'd tell everyone that he SHOULD be doing that to a player like him (and you know people would be saying the same).
Originally posted by dj43:
Good points.

We can only judge him against what is out there to compete against. In this case, he absolutely destroyed the Miami offense. So, while that offense is not very good on a pro level, it is better than any offense he faced in college.

I have no problem with Lynch not drafting him. Bosa will be an impact player in this league. I am just saying that the arrow on Allen is pointing straight up. duh

I will disagree there...that Miami OL isn't better than the Georgia OL he faced last yr.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Imagine trying to discredit ANYTHING Josh Allen has done at this point.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I guess I have a different definition of beast like play lol. Like I said he had a good game but I saw more indication that the Dolphins OL was crap but to be fair just cuz the OL sucks and don't block properly doesn't mean a guy can't whiff on plays and when he didn't get blocked properly he did make the play so kudos to him.

Really sounds like you didn't see his full play. You talk as if he only made plays unguarded. Ignoring that he disengaged from the right tackle to stop the run and get to the QB. Showed he's working on pass rush moves. Then played some LB and made plays there too. Chased Ballage down like a beast.

There were a couple whiffs by the o line and he took advantage of it like he should've. Good thing for him is the jags have a great defense and will create those opportunities for him.

This is a guy that still needs much more work to be a consistent starter . But that performance was electric.

It was a good performance and I've said as much but when people are calling someone a beast, at least in my book I'm looking for a guy who's dominant and straight up bullying people. That RT was straight garbage. I don't think he even tried to block him.

And I did watch it. That highlight didn't include the plays where he was getting pushed down the field as they ran to his side, that time on the left.

I liked Allen and he's in a great spot with all that talent there but I have an issue with the "should've taken Allen" crowd. He still has work to do and Bosa was the better fit for what we needed. Now of course we can't compare preseason performances for an obvious reason but I'm confident once Bosa is back from his ankle injury he'll show people what a well rounded DE prospect looks like.

Quit being so defensive. No one said anything about Bosa or why Allen "should've" been the pick. There is nothing wrong with a few people giving a rookie some credit when he's having a good game.

Dude it was vs Jesse Davis. I'm not gonna give a ton of praise to a guy that beat a UDFA who's arguably one of the worst starting RTs in the NFL. IF that was Bosa I'd tell everyone that he SHOULD be doing that to a player like him (and you know people would be saying the same).

You play who's in front of you and personally I really don't care how much praise you give him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
You play who's in front of you and personally I really don't care how much praise you give him.

I wish Solomon Thomas would beat "who's in front" of him.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I wish Solomon Thomas would beat "who's in front" of him.

when he does, people call out who's in front of him...go see the reactions when he was killing Ethan Pocic vs Seattle last yr.

I don't care if you don't lol IMO context matters....great he's proven he can beat a scrub player and get passed a TE blocking him. I guess it would be worse if he couldn't.

If you go back into this thread you'll see that I didn't hate Allen. I don't think he's a better prospect then Bosa, but that doesn't matter anymore one plays for us and the other doesn't.

I don't care if you don't lol IMO context matters....great he's proven he can beat a scrub player and get passed a TE blocking him. I guess it would be worse if he couldn't.

If you go back into this thread you'll see that I didn't hate Allen. I don't think he's a better prospect then Bosa, but that doesn't matter anymore one plays for us and the other doesn't.

Why would I need to dig that up? Did anyone say you hated Allen?

No one was even talking about Bosa let alone that he was the lesser prospect. A few people were just complimenting Allen on playing a good game.
Burns' brother is not happy about the love for Josh Allen. I wish my brother went as hard for me as Burns' brother goes for him.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 26, 2019 at 5:50 PM ]

We all know. For the millionth time lmao. The guy he beat is no pro bowler, no legit starter. A guy he probably should've beat. We were just hyped to see some cool plays. Is that ok with you and genus or you guys gotta keep reminding us that it was against nobody special? Genus already said he got defensive against us because some guys on Facebook were saying we should've picked Allen instead.

If Bosa was killin it against anyone you would be hyped too and appreciate whatever dope play he made . I highly doubt you'd be Debbie downer in his thread saying he beat a scrub and there's nothing to be excited about.
We all know. For the millionth time lmao. The guy he beat is no pro bowler, no legit starter. A guy he probably should've beat. We were just hyped to see some cool plays. Is that ok with you and genus or you guys gotta keep reminding us that it was against nobody special? Genus already said he got defensive against us because some guys on Facebook were saying we should've picked Allen instead.

If Bosa was killin it against anyone you would be hyped too and appreciate whatever dope play he made . I highly doubt you'd be Debbie downer in his thread saying he beat a scrub and there's nothing to be excited about.

I'd be pointing out Bosa beat Jesse Davis and I'm sure a f**k ton of people in the Bosa thread would be doing the same (you know who I'm talking about). I'm just throwing context to the play, sorry if you took it as me raining on your parade or something?
Share 49ersWebzone