LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 469 users in the forums

Josh Allen OLB/ILB/DE Kentucky

Heard yesterday the jets probably want to move back since their biggest need is probably OT and they dont have a
2nd round pick. There is no OT om the board at 3 worth taking and if they pass and take Allen they have to wait til round 3 to address. Not ideal with a young QB.
I have moved away from him. At least at #2. I love him at #6
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I have moved away from him. At least at #2. I love him at #6

Cohn thinks he's #1 so now we know we're right.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Heard yesterday the jets probably want to move back since their biggest need is probably OT and they dont have a
2nd round pick. There is no OT om the board at 3 worth taking and if they pass and take Allen they have to wait til round 3 to address. Not ideal with a young QB.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by miked1978:

They need both OT and Edge help in a bad way.
Originally posted by evil:

Yup. I'm sure the top 3 teams would love to move down it the opportunity presents itself. I don't see how the jets move down if Murray is gone though. Dave gettleman has never moved up in the 1st and he's never drafted a meanful QB in his career as GM.

If Murray is there then no team was willing to move up to begin with.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yup. I'm sure the top 3 teams would love to move down it the opportunity presents itself. I don't see how the jets move down if Murray is gone though. Dave gettleman has never moved up in the 1st and he's never drafted a meanful QB in his career as GM.

If Murray is there then no team was willing to move up to begin with.

I think the Jets would love to trade back with the Giants. But they also set the precedent last year by giving up 3 second round picks and going off the Jimmy Johnson's trade value chart, that would equal 6, 17 and a 2020 second round pick. I do not see Gettleman giving away the 2020 pick, he is old school in his approach.

Jets could potentially settle for 6 and 17 though, even though the local media will probably eat them up for taking less than they gave. They can still get Brian Burns at 6 and an OT at 17 and help fill their 2 biggest needs.
We need Allen. With Ford at rush end, we Play Allen at Sam on base downs and he doesn't come off the field in sub packages because he can rush the passer too. Imagine Allen and Ford off the edge with Buck and AA/ST from inside on 3rd down or passing downs! In at 3-4, technically you can send 5 in passing downs but usually its 4. Remember, we built this D with the idea of a "4-3 with 3-4 personnel" So...Allen can rush or drop on 1st and 2nd, we've told Ford that he's only going to rush but he too can drop for us if needed. So now we have 2 guys that can drop or rush. With Alexander at Willie, he's known to be a great blitzer, which gives us the ability to send him and perhaps drop Ford or Allen.

Allen, Alexander, Warner is a very athletic, versatile group with Dee Ford mixed in with his versatile abilities as well.

Allen Armstead/ST Jones Buckner Ford

Warner Alexander

Nickel would be:

Allen Armstead/ST Buckner Ford K'Waun Williams (Nickel back)

Warner Alexander
If Bosa is not available at #2 then I would be all for trading back to draft JA.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
If Bosa is not available at #2 then I would be all for trading back to draft JA.

I don't think JA makes it past the Jets at #3 - so if they want Allen, got to take him at #2.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

I don't think JA makes it past the Jets at #3 - so if they want Allen, got to take him at #2.

Jets will trade down. I think Allen goes to the Raiders.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by suckafree17:
We need Allen. With Ford at rush end, we Play Allen at Sam on base downs and he doesn't come off the field in sub packages because he can rush the passer too. Imagine Allen and Ford off the edge with Buck and AA/ST from inside on 3rd down or passing downs! In at 3-4, technically you can send 5 in passing downs but usually its 4. Remember, we built this D with the idea of a "4-3 with 3-4 personnel" So...Allen can rush or drop on 1st and 2nd, we've told Ford that he's only going to rush but he too can drop for us if needed. So now we have 2 guys that can drop or rush. With Alexander at Willie, he's known to be a great blitzer, which gives us the ability to send him and perhaps drop Ford or Allen.

Allen, Alexander, Warner is a very athletic, versatile group with Dee Ford mixed in with his versatile abilities as well.

Allen Armstead/ST Jones Buckner Ford

Warner Alexander

Nickel would be:

Allen Armstead/ST Buckner Ford K'Waun Williams (Nickel back)

Warner Alexander

You can't go wrong, so says the draft nerds, by choosing QW, Bosa, or Allen. My preference is Bosa>Allen>QW simply because we need depth and potential at edge rusher, but I agree with you that Allen would be a great pickup. Dee Ford and Allen are so similar that I think when Dee Ford gets dinged or retires, Allen will be more than an adequate replacement.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love Bosa and hope he's the pick, but I still have a crush on Allen and wouldn't be upset if he's the pick at #2.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I love Bosa and hope he's the pick, but I still have a crush on Allen and wouldn't be upset if he's the pick at #2.

Would be interesting to see the reactions if Bosa goes #1 and we take Allen at #2.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Would be interesting to see the reactions if Bosa goes #1 and we take Allen at #2.

Will be a whole lot of pissed off Bosa people.
Share 49ersWebzone