LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

2018 draft prospect watch

Harold Landry round 1 & Auden Tate round 2 for me
Originally posted by tohara3:

Would be a great start to the draft, still would have another 2nd and two 3rds to work with..
I definitely think we'll have a top 10 pick in this class and honestly I'd love to have any of the following players on this roster heading into next season.

No particular order

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Courtland Sutton
Harold Landry
Derwin James
Tarvarus McFadden
Connor Williams
Saquon Barkley - talent is top 10 worthy but I'd rather not go RB that early
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Arden Key
Originally posted by genus49:
I definitely think we'll have a top 10 pick in this class and honestly I'd love to have any of the following players on this roster heading into next season.

No particular order

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Courtland Sutton
Harold Landry
Derwin James
Tarvarus McFadden
Connor Williams
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Arden Key

How is Arden Key vs the run? I've only seen pass rush highlights..
Originally posted by genus49:

No particular order

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Courtland Sutton
Harold Landry
Derwin James
Tarvarus McFadden
Connor Williams
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Arden Key

Connor Williams is awesome but I don't think tackle is a top need considering our needs elsewhere. Though I won't be surprised since Staley had a knee scare in preseason. If we don't get any of the top qbs I think we should go bpa.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Connor Williams is awesome but I don't think tackle is a top need considering our needs elsewhere. Though I won't be surprised since Staley had a knee scare in preseason. If we don't get any of the top qbs I think we should go bpa.

Yeah I don't think it's a top priority but I think Connor would be beastly in this scheme...or really any scheme so I'd have no issues with us drafting him because Joe is getting up there.
Originally posted by 801niner:
How is Arden Key vs the run? I've only seen pass rush highlights..

Not his strong suit that's for sure but I'm waiting to see him play this year to see how he matures. Harold is a much more well rounded player IMO.
I'm all for taking a skill position player in the first, but we need to use 2 out the 4 remaining picks in the first 3 rounds on interior linemen. Oh, and Minkah > Derwin for a center field FS
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I'm all for taking a skill position player in the first, but we need to use 2 out the 4 remaining picks in the first 3 rounds on interior linemen. Oh, and Minkah > Derwin for a center field FS

I'd probably agree with you though Derwin has the potential to be one of the best ever. Fitz is a safer pick imo tho.
Who's the best G or C? Get him!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Nelson, Notre Dame.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

yep. need interior oline and then a FS

an extra db too
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Nelson, Notre Dame.

Mason Cole out of Michigan, Draft him and sign Justin Pugh from the Giants..the O-Line is almost fixed depending on if Garnett or Tomlinson take over the other G position
[ Edited by jersey49er on Sep 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM ]
Based on needs, and the assumption they will address QB and WR in FA, I think rounds 1-3 should focus on a combo of these players ...
OT: Williams, McGlinchey
OG: Nelson, Ivey(can play OT as well)
C: Cole(can play OT as well)
Leo/SAM: Key, Landry, Jefferson.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:

That's like Solomon Thomas and Ruben Foster all over again. No way the football gods help the 49ers out for a second time.

Definitely want Auden Tate. And even though I like Landry....or would LOVE to see him in red and gold, I'd much rather see Lynch draft a top CB or O-line.
Share 49ersWebzone