LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 162 users in the forums

Derwin "Pooh Bear" James S Florida State University

But people told me S wasn't a need?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I feel your pain man. Wanted Derwin and Oliver. It's okay tho, get our CB and ER this year, and Delpit the next!

You and I ate a lot of s**t for wanting him. MCGlinch looks better each game, but still..... this kid is great.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

You and I ate a lot of s**t for wanting him. MCGlinch looks better each game, but still..... this kid is great.

We've got a lot of holes. A lot. I'm just glad that we filled one. Some argue that it wasn't a hole that needed to be filled, but we see the different in a run game last year vs. this year. I wish Trent could've fit this scheme, but it is what it is.

Tackle>>>S

Just is how it is. The NFL had quality safeties not getting signed all through FA and none are making big bucks (freaking earl Thomas can't even get paided)

Yet you got above avg tackles like Nate Solder making $62 million

No one doubted James was good and if they traded down him or minka made sense (there's a reason he dropped to 17th).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 10, 2018 at 6:29 AM ]
He's playing some damn good football tonight. His team not so much but damn he's fun to watch.
Tried to tell everyone that this guy was no joke. ALL PRO in his rookie year. Another could have been...
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Tried to tell everyone that this guy was no joke. ALL PRO in his rookie year. Another could have been...

Lol! You make your "ALL PRO" point and.....Crickets.
[ Edited by Livendiea9er on Jan 12, 2019 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:

Would you take him over Glinch though? In a year or two he's gonna be our left tackle .
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:

Probably because most people are happy with McGlinchey, who had a damn good rookie season?

In a passing league, no positions are more crucial than QB, edge rusher and tackle. Its not like the 49ers went out and drafted Kwame Harris.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:

Probably because most people are happy with McGlinchey, who had a damn good rookie season?

In a passing league, no positions are more crucial than QB, edge rusher and tackle. Its not like the 49ers went out and drafted Kwame Harris.

I know. I love Mike Mac and I'm glad we have him. I was one of those few Niner fans that wanted Jamal Adams or Derwin James the last couple years. So again it's awesome we got Mike and hopefully Solly steps up next year in year three And proves he's not a bust.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Big loss for the Chargers

Share 49ersWebzone