LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 312 users in the forums

Anyone for Joshua Dobbs

When I watched the combine a few weeks back this guy was the most accurate and flawless passer I saw. Made it look so effortless. Just curious why no one seems higher on this guy for us?
Originally posted by Adman311:
When I watched the combine a few weeks back this guy was the most accurate and flawless passer I saw. Made it look so effortless. Just curious why no one seems higher on this guy for us?

Self explanatory. He's a great guy, very smart but I dont see him as an NFL QB.
Not until the 6th round at the earliest and he would need a lot of work as a developmental prospect.
Could be the next Tyrod Taylor. He's got great deep ball accuracy, very mobile but I think Shanny is going to want the reverse. Smaller arm, more accurate.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Physically one of the most talented qb prospects to go with his brain. Incredibly raw though and possibly the biggest project of any of the top qbs
Originally posted by jcs:
Physically one of the most talented qb prospects to go with his brain. Incredibly raw though and possibly the biggest project of any of the top qbs

You could tell hes super raw. This is what 6ths&7ths are meant for doe.
Originally posted by Adman311:

I thought Jerod Evans looked to have the best arm at the combine. And when he had good mechanics Evans was nailing the out routes.
No. Backup at the most and out of the league in 6 years or after his rookie contract.
I think he is the perfect backup to Cam Newton. Very similar playing styles.
Originally posted by JBrack:
I think he is the perfect backup to Cam Newton. Very similar playing styles.

Nice post. I'll go ahead and throw the Steelers in there too then . Peterman and Dobbs would be nice. Really liked Dobbs on Grudens QB camp.

As a late Day 3 developmental QB, sure. He has some tools to work with and played top competition in the SEC. Very inconsistent. I don't think he profiles as a starting QB so you're taking a low risk flyer on him and seeing if he develops into anything.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
As a late Day 3 developmental QB, sure. He has some tools to work with and played top competition in the SEC. Very inconsistent. I don't think he profiles as a starting QB so you're taking a low risk flyer on him and seeing if he develops into anything.

Sit for three years and see what you have year 4. Whose the best pocket passer after Peterman in the 3rd/4th+.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM ]
I like Dobbs, but I have him in the late round area, 6th-7th round at best. Developmental guy, he's been inconsistent, I think he was benched previously as well at Tennessee, might be mistaken(Might be confusing him with former Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson on the benching).
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I like Dobbs, but I have him in the late round area, 6th-7th round at best. Developmental guy, he's been inconsistent, I think he was benched previously as well at Tennessee, might be mistaken(Might be confusing him with former Auburn QB Jeremy Johnson on the benching).

No he wasn't. His freshman year he played some games after their starter got hurt. Then lost the open competition job going into his sophomore season then eventually got the job back again.

Whose your best pocket passer that'll be available after Peterman?
They just highlighted him on nfl live. Actually a rocket scientist, took Tennessee to 3 straight bowl games and likes his mom
Share 49ersWebzone