LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

MadDog49er Best 50 Board

Originally posted by gored49:
You have Bolles listed twice.

Thanks. Edited.
Originally posted by gored49:
Are you dropping Allen because of injury concern or do you not think his talent is top 3 worthy? I ask because I believe he is top 3 worthy on talent.

Shoulder seems to be red flagged by some teams. That is a bit of a concern. Drops him slightly for me. Still a damn good player.
Originally posted by jreff22:
MD,

Can you give a breakdown of what you see exactly at the DE/OLB spot this year? Who do you see putting their hand in the dirt vs actually having to playing OLB? You have a large amount of guys slotted for those roles in this top 50. Would you want to trade back up for any of them? This is arguably the most important position to address this year so it needs to be an early pick. Is there that much separation from the 20's to mid 30's?

Dirt and OLB- Garrett, Barnett (better athlete in reverse than people give credit), Watt, Harris, Bowser, Willis (breathtaking change of direction numbers)
Dirt only- Basham (struggled backpeddling at Senior Bowl and Combine), Taco, Thomas (he is a line of scrimage or up the field guy)
Originally posted by Fresno49er:
When will we see your per position list?

In the next two weeks. Much still to do.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I like Lamp alot too Maddog. He'd be a terrific fit in the 49ers new offense. Nimble/quick feet, good technician. He'd be perfect for this zone scheme.

Should be no shock that Atlanta got a LOT better once they picked up Alex Mack. Lamp could play G or C.
Originally posted by zonkers:
How does Moreau grade out compared to some of the top corners of the last few years (like Ramsey and Peters)?
IMO he lacks the instincts to be a game changer, but his solid polish and great measurables should help out any defense.

I had Ramsey as my best player in the 2016 NFL draft, so not at that level. But, a very good player. Peters was my top press corner in the 2015 draft. I didn't like him nearly as much off the ball.

Lattimore is the most like Ramsey. He looks bored half the time because people simply don't throw his way very often. He eliminates half the field for a defense.
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Hey MD.... Thanks for all of your great efforts.

Just curious...if the Niners stay where they are for the first 3 rounds, who would you choose (based on the likelihood of that player being still on the board)?

Right now.

1. Thomas
2. Engram
3. Kupp
4. Blair Brown
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 31, 2017 at 2:31 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Should be no shock that Atlanta got a LOT better once they picked up Alex Mack. Lamp could play G or C.

Zuttah played well in Baltimore and Beadles looks like a fit. Are we giving up on Garnett already? He may not completely fit the scheme but seems like a kid who will work at it. Would the price we'd pay for Lamp (trading up into the 1st) be worth it?
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Zuttah played well in Baltimore and Beadles looks like a fit. Are we giving up on Garnett already? He may not completely fit the scheme but seems like a kid who will work at it. Would the price we'd pay for Lamp (trading up into the 1st) be worth it?

I think Lamp can easily transition to center, so he can play LG,C, or RG
I think Lamp can easily transition to center, so he can play LG,C, or RG

Granted I love creating competition, and there's nothing wrong with improving in the trenches. Personally though I feel the cost could be similar to acquire Corey Davis, or one of the DE's that fall, maybe Barnett or Charlton, and standing pat would see a good player at #34. In this draft with it's depth I'm not sure we can justify going up for Lamp, and I can't see him lasting to #34.

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Granted I love creating competition, and there's nothing wrong with improving in the trenches. Personally though I feel the cost could be similar to acquire Corey Davis, or one of the DE's that fall, maybe Barnett or Charlton, and standing pat would see a good player at #34. In this draft with it's depth I'm not sure we can justify going up for Lamp, and I can't see him lasting to #34.

Because the OL cupboard is so empty this year, I think he has about a 1% chance of sneaking out of the first.
Originally posted by jreff22:
MD,

Can you give a breakdown of what you see exactly at the DE/OLB spot this year? Who do you see putting their hand in the dirt vs actually having to playing OLB? You have a large amount of guys slotted for those roles in this top 50. Would you want to trade back up for any of them? This is arguably the most important position to address this year so it needs to be an early pick. Is there that much separation from the 20's to mid 30's?

Dirt and OLB- Garrett, Barnett (better athlete in reverse than people give credit), Watt, Harris, Bowser, Willis (breathtaking change of direction numbers)
Dirt only- Basham (struggled backpeddling at Senior Bowl and Combine), Taco, Thomas (he is a line of scrimage or up the field guy)

You don't like Lawson and Reddick, or w/Reddick, do you think he's too small to play SAM?
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Hey MD.... Thanks for all of your great efforts.

Just curious...if the Niners stay where they are for the first 3 rounds, who would you choose (based on the likelihood of that player being still on the board)?

Right now.

1. Thomas
2. Engram
3. Kupp
4. Blair Brown

What happens if Cousins signs that extension with Washington? I've always thought that, if a QB-needy team has a QB in their top 10, they take him, no matter where they are slotted. With Mahomes at #5 on your list, and the 49ers with a true journeyman starter, is there something you don't like about him for the 49ers? Is it just your belief that the 49ers will wait on Cousins?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
What happens if Cousins signs that extension with Washington? I've always thought that, if a QB-needy team has a QB in their top 10, they take him, no matter where they are slotted. With Mahomes at #5 on your list, and the 49ers with a true journeyman starter, is there something you don't like about him for the 49ers? Is it just your belief that the 49ers will wait on Cousins?

Mahomes is too raw to take in the top 10 IMO.

And while I know the "get QB next year" is never a great idea...in this case at least at this point it could make a lot of sense.

Kirk Cousins has NOT signed an extension with Washington and I feel like as long as Bruce Allen is there it won't happen. Jimmy Garoppolo hasn't been extended or traded yet. Those are two starter caliber players who in theory could be free agents next year with us likely having the best spot and cap space situation.

There's also the POTENTIAL elite QB talent next draft. Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen unless they fall apart would be the cream of the crop and should all go top 10. You'd also have guys like Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson

Unless we shock the world and Brian Hoyer has the best season of his career I think we have a legit chance at one of those 3 top guys. I know I'd be very happy with any of them for our QB of the future.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I think they are all in on Cousins, and Cousins is all in on the Niners. Just need another year to make it happen
Share 49ersWebzone