There are 163 users in the forums

Kuya's 4-Round Mock (No Trades, Low Expectations Free Agents Edition)

• Kuya
  • Veteran
Free Agent Signings
ILB - Zach Brown BUF - This is most ambitious free agent signing. Our inside linebackers were a sh*t show last season and were the main reason the defense was so bad. It'll be nice to have some stability next to Bowman who has question marks himself.
QB - Mike Glennon TAM - #2 QB
DT - Nick Fairley NOLA - NT starter. Could lose job to healthy Ian Williams, but depth is cool here.
DT - Ian Williams SF - NT backup
WR - Kenny Britt - STL - Big body receiver
WR - Kendall Wright - TEN - Shifty recevier and semi-deep threat

4 - Round Draft
Round 1 - DE/OLB Myles Garrett - We need a playmaker. This is a long term playmaking impact player that will hype the team and our fanbase on the regular. Backup pick if Myles gone - DE Jonathan Allen. Long term impact player and playmaker.
Round 2 - RB Christian McAffrey - Salivating at seeing him used in Shanny's offense. Oozes potential as a touchdown and 3rd down conversion machine. Great compliment to Carlos Hyde.
Round 3 - WR Dede Westbrook- Might just be faster than Torrey Smith at this point.
Round 4 - QB Nathan Peterman - Senior from Pitt. Some may think this is a boring pick with all the buzz around the other QBs in the draft, but boring can also be efficient.
"Peterman was the most consistently accurate of all the quarterbacks here," said ESPN's Todd McShay, who highlighted Peterman's performance in his pay-site article.
"He's decisive, moves through his progressions well and gets the ball out on time."

Might be mature enough to challenge for the starting position right away against Glennon and if he is still around... Kaepernick.

McAffrey, Hyde, Torrey, Wright and Britt are all above average weapons on the field. Peterman who looks to have a safe floor, looks like he has the tools to run the offense we are expecting.
[ Edited by Kuya on Jan 27, 2017 at 1:04 AM ]
  • bors
  • Veteran
Love brown but I also think we will land a nt. A real one. Williams or Poe

Mcaffery. I would be excited but also worried
Need to hit on picks Cant have any high busts.

I would be his fan but worried he end up like Lamichel
I could live with this plus maybe a 6th or a 7th round pick on QB C.J.Beathard from Iowa.
Maybe even keep C.Pounder a veteran or two to show the rookies the way. If we didn't
over expose C.J. In the preseason we could stash him on the Practice squad. As you stated
often times QBs like Petermann and Beathard with good fundamentals get overlooked as
boring but look at Montana and Brady. Boring and safe in the right offenses is productive.

Keapernick has to be cut he as well as the Team need a fresh start You can't fix what a
Player won't recognize is a problem. At this point he just keeps doing the same thing
And doesn't believe it's him and the team reinforces that belief by keeping and paying him.
[ Edited by rrooke on Jan 27, 2017 at 8:31 AM ]
Good draft

Jon Allen is going to be a hell of a pro!
I don't see Nick Farley as a NT. Not a good fit I like Kendall Wright
its not sexy but it is realistic. we probably wont make a big splash in FA. IDK about Glennon though. Dont know if we want to put a season on the hopes Glennon might be good
Nice work, I liked all the picks.

But I love the Dede Westbrook pick in the 3rd round. Speed kills!

Couple him with McCafrey... Dam!
Hate the McCaffrey pick, this draft is chalk full of good RBs I'm not wasting a top 34 pick on one when that's the one spot we actually have talent at.

We have plently of small quick WRs on the team no thanks to Westbrook.

It's reported Glennon is gonna get $13-$15 million a yr, hell no at throwing that type of cash at him. Personally I think he's a awful qb.

I'd love Myles, but I just don't see the Browns passing on him and a big no to drafting yet another 3-4 DE. Love the peterman pick but I think he's worked his way into the top 3 rds this week.

Your mock just my two cents
Nice mock
Share 49ersWebzone