There are 173 users in the forums

Year ONE relavance

At this point in the scope of possibilities to come, I tend to think of best case scenarios for our Staff and FO to pursue this offseason. DC is still a mystery with Shanahan still unsigned but the way forward is fun to pontificate. Assuming that KS will bring in some sort of QB vet of his choosing to head up a new QB core. The following is something that I believe could make us relavant year ONE.

Hire Brent Venebles for any position on the Defensive Staff.

1/25 plan for draft

Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 244.

O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama 
 Height: 6-6. Weight: 251

Pat Mahomes*, QB, Texas Tech 
 Height: 6-3. Weight: 219

Jon Toth, C, Kentucky 
 Height: 6-5. Weight: 310

JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC 
 Height: 6-2. Weight: 215

Round 1: trade back with Bears, Jets Or Chargers for their 1st, 2nd and 2nd next year. Take Foster with pick

Round 2: take O.J. Howard with 34th pick.

Round 2: from 1st rd trade- take Mahomes

Round 2: trade up our 4th and two 5ths back into the 2nd- take Schuster.

Round 3: take Roth

These drafts plus FA signings of Poe, Bouye and Hightower and a KS picked QB vet, could make us competitive year ONE.
Uummm draft room thread ...And please NO!!!!
Howard and mahomes could be first round picks. Also please no ILB with our first. He's not the same level profit Patrick Willis was. I know that's not saying a ton cause Willis is Willis, but we have so many needs to fill that an ILB first round pick would have to be on that level.
  • bors
  • Veteran
I like it

Give me Williams over Poe

Give me Ingram over bouye

Maybe a nick perry as well
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Howard and mahomes could be first round picks. Also please no ILB with our first. He's not the same level profit Patrick Willis was. I know that's not saying a ton cause Willis is Willis, but we have so many needs to fill that an ILB first round pick would have to be on that level.

What about Bow?... gotta replace Hoghtower with Ingram/Perry.. heck do sign both if you can if you cut Brooks.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 26, 2017 at 1:48 AM ]
I love the make believe world you're living in where a 4th round and 2 5th round picks = 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by genus49:
I love the make believe world you're living in where a 4th round and 2 5th round picks = 2nd round pick.

Yeah you are right about that, but a 3rd next year and a 4th and 5th this year could get us into the bottom of the 2nd where I would hope Schuster to still be.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

We grabbed Willis with the 6th pick, and Foster is not Willis, you are correct. They are two different kinds of ILBs altogether, Foster is a meat hammer that makes runners pay on every play. This caliber ILB run stopper and tackler could be a game changer for us with our current set up. Freeing up Bow to play a little more freely. Foster with a good FA NT would shore up our run D, which was worst in the league. This would immediately complement our recent 1st rounders and create a solid core for years to come
why draft foster and sign hightower? overkill! unless you are planning us to go 4-3

I would say instead hightower, pick up a WR.

Instead of Bouye, lets go pass rusher.

Instead of drafting juju, draft anyone else haha

i do like where you are going though. You want to dedicate the draft to build the offense and free agency for the defense. But the personnel needs to be mesh more
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 26, 2017 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
why draft foster and sign hightower? overkill! unless you are planning us to go 4-3

I would say instead hightower, pick up a WR.

Instead of Bouye, lets go pass rusher.

Instead of drafting juju, draft anyone else haha

i do like where you are going though. You want to dedicate the draft to build the offense and free agency for the defense. But the personnel needs to be mesh more

Not sure where you are coming from. Hightower plays both positions and is very effective at both. OLB is his natural position, adding him Foster and a premium NT and corner would round off our def nicely. And say what you want about Schuster, he has the best hands in this class, incredible possession WR and Red Zone threat to complement JS.

Share 49ersWebzone