LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 413 users in the forums

Mock Offseason v. 1

Woodhead, two major knee injures in 2 straight years, pass.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This...going the NE route and not getting the young qb that knows the system.

I know it would work perfectly but I think its going to take more than a 2nd and a 3rd to get him. Wouldn't even surprise me to see Cleveland send the Eagles' 1st for Garappolo and some picks. I also really like Watson.
[ Edited by Draftology on Dec 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Draftology:
I know it would work perfectly but I think its going to take more than a 2nd and a 3rd to get him. Wouldn't even surprise me to see Cleveland send the Eagles' 1st for Garappolo and some picks. I also really like Watson.

Your mock I don't think it's gonna cost more than a 2nd and a conditional pick in 2018.

I don't see the Browns analytical group thinking that's good value for him and having to pay him as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Your mock I don't think it's gonna cost more than a 2nd and a conditional pick in 2018.

I don't see the Browns analytical group thinking that's good value for him and having to pay him as well.

Sam Bradford went for a 1st (out of desperation) and Alex Smith went for a 2nd and a future 2nd. If the Browns don't do it, I could see Arizona giving up their 1st for Jimmy and picks but who knows.

If we could get him for a 2nd and a 3rd I'd probably take him over Watson.
[ Edited by Draftology on Dec 28, 2016 at 4:25 AM ]
Not bad, a few of my thoughts:

Why overpay for when a guard when you have Beadles and Garnett locked in as starters and Tiller re signed as back up? I would rather use that money on a stud NT in FA.

I like others simply believe if you bring in Daniels, then Garapolo makes a ton of sense.

Myles Garret would be consensus pick at slot 2, but what do you do if he is not available??
Josh McDaniels won't coach here. That's wishful thinking.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Not bad, a few of my thoughts:

Why overpay for when a guard when you have Beadles and Garnett locked in as starters and Tiller re signed as back up? I would rather use that money on a stud NT in FA.

I like others simply believe if you bring in Daniels, then Garapolo makes a ton of sense.

Myles Garret would be consensus pick at slot 2, but what do you do if he is not available??
I know most people would disagree but if Garrett goes #1 I'd take Fournette at #2. I think he's a similar quality prospect as Jonathan Allen at a more impactful position. I don't think any QB is worthy of that pick.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Sam Bradford went for a 1st (out of desperation) and Alex Smith went for a 2nd and a future 2nd. If the Browns don't do it, I could see Arizona giving up their 1st for Jimmy and picks but who knows.

If we could get him for a 2nd and a 3rd I'd probably take him over Watson.

Bradford trade shouldn't be applied due to the nature of things and time of the trade...NE can ask whatever they want doesn't mean that's what they'll get...but I'd throw them our 34th overall pick and a comp 2nd based on play for 2018.

If they can get something higher than that more power to them. I don't see teams giving up top 15 picks for him though.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I think McDaniels could probably pull Vrabel in, which would be pretty cool.

Agree
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Woodhead, two major knee injures in 2 straight years, pass.

Injuries scare me

two injuries = Veto the choice

Originally posted by 16_to_80:
Draft

Trade 2nd (34) and 3rd (66) picks for 1st (20), 5th (148), and 6th (180)

1(2): Myles Garrett OLB Texas A&M - No explanation needed. If he's there we need to take him. Don't even think about trading down.

Did you just...

You did...

You posted YOUR OWN MOCK, right in the middle of a thread about someone else's mock? LOL, how narcissistic is that?
Share 49ersWebzone