LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 132 users in the forums

Josh Allen-QB-Wyoming-2018

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope rumors about Allen declaring for the draft arent true. I think it would be foolish for him to declare. He is super talented but inconsistent as hell. Most who follow college football and the draft think he should go back.

He has a great situation at Wyoming right now with Wentz's QB coach and OC, he could use another year to develop some sort of consistency

Maybe Brian Hill is trying to get his QB to also declare?
Originally posted by Cooper22:
It'd be good for us if he declares though as we're almost certainly going to take a qb within the first 3 rounds

If you want to draft a massive project that will take 2 to 3 years at least before he is fully ready to start.

Allen is super talented but also very raw, struggling to complete 60% of his passes while playing at Wyoming, hardly playing against elite competition.

I like him a lot but want no part of him if he were to come out this year. He really needs that additional seasoning and snaps to develop some consistency.
http://1045theteam.com/nfl-draft-allen-is-best-qb-in-draft/
Originally posted by jerseyniner49:
http://1045theteam.com/nfl-draft-allen-is-best-qb-in-draft/

"His ability to fit the ball into tight areas with accuracy is something we haven't seen since the likes of Russell Wilson" he's completing 55% of his passes
Originally posted by NYniner85:
"His ability to fit the ball into tight areas with accuracy is something we haven't seen since the likes of Russell Wilson" he's completing 55% of his passes

When he is good he is freaking amazing, when he's bad he throws passes so wildly off target that even Colin Kaepernick would smack him upside the head.

Upper echelon talent is there but Allen still hasnt learned how to harness it properly.

When he is good he is freaking amazing, when he's bad he throws passes so wildly off target that even Colin Kaepernick would smack him upside the head.

Upper echelon talent is there but Allen still hasnt learned how to harness it properly.

Too be honest I haven't watched him play at all...just looking at stats.

If he were to declare what round you think he goes?

Early. 1st or 2nd would be my guess. He has a steep learning curve but the talent level is even greater.

A guy that big who can move that well and has a laser for an arm and some semblance of natural QB aptitude, if he were to reach his full potential he could be another Elway.

However that is a big IF right now since Allen is a mess mechanically and trusts his arm way too much at this point.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 29, 2016 at 8:21 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Early. 1st or 2nd would be my guess. He has a steep learning curve but the talent level is even greater.

A guy that big who can move that well and has a laser for an arm and some semblance of natural QB aptitude, if he were to reach his full potential he could be another Elway.

However that is a big IF right now since Allen is a mess mechanically and trusts his arm way too much at this point.

I'd go with 2nd round. Hes got all the tools and measurables to succeed and all in all I think he's a much better QB than Christian Hackenberg who also went in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd go with 2nd round. Hes got all the tools and measurables to succeed and all in all I think he's a much better QB than Christian Hackenberg who also went in the 2nd round.

Definitely a much better talent than Hackenberg but if he comes out, he needs to go somewhere that he can sit for 2 or 3 years.

Now watch the Patriots draft him with the pick they get for Garoppolo.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Definitely a much better talent than Hackenberg but if he comes out, he needs to go somewhere that he can sit for 2 or 3 years.

I can dig it.

I mean if the 49ers are the ones giving them the pick that is.

lol I can live with that!

Hmmm well shoot gonna have to check him out
Hmmm well shoot gonna have to check him out

Some of the throws he makes, on the run, even throwing across his body are like FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

How can one man possess that much talent.
May as well start talking about 2018 quarterbacks. We should be using a high pick (Rounds 1-3) in 2017 and 2018. Even if we hit on a franchise QB, I'd still like a talented backup to develop to either keep long term or even trade away. No more long shots at QB hoping someone sticks (BJ Daniels for example) or someone who isn't skilled enough to make the roster as a rookie.

The pass at 4:26

....I still want Trubisky though
[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Jan 2, 2017 at 9:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone