There are 244 users in the forums

Mock Draft no offseason

Not going to dive into doing a full off season cause a lot will hopefully be changing in the offseason. Chip Kelly I'm assuming remains the Head Coach. I would like to see us take a run at Richard Mann of Pittsburg see if we can pry him away. And if the Jags fire Gus Bradley I would be on the phone with him ASAP.

Trade our 5th comp, Brock and our 7th for the Bengals 4th.

1. Myles Garrett OLB Texas A&M
2. Traded to the Patriots for Jimmy G. Tank Carradine included in the trade.
3. Nick Chubb RB Georgia
4. Malachi Dupre WR LSU
4. Jehu Chesson WR Michigan
5. Channing Sterling CB Michigan
6. Tyrique Jarrett NT Pitt
6. Speedy Noil KR Texas A&M
7. Brian Gaia C Penn State

Went heavy on WR for obvious reasons. If Chubbs available in the 3rd as many are expecting he is a steal. And yes I'm relying on the Browns pulling off a win and going Trubisky with the #2 pick.
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 15, 2016 at 11:28 AM ]
I'd be very fine with that.

Our team improves instantly with Garrett and Garropolo additions. Going heavy on WR is the way to go...hope you hit on at least one, couple if you get lucky. The LSU WRs could be steals.

Chubb could be great value if he can stay healthy.
So much for Chubb....
Instead of Chubb I would look long and hard at Devonte Fields or Chad Wheeler.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it would be a good back field for us if Chubb can stay healthy while Carlos is hurtin, then then Carlos is healthy, Chubb could be hurtin !!

Chubb returning for Senior season.
Not good sorry
1wr in f-agency
1wr in the draft is enough for now
We have too many needs to go heavy on one position
We really don't need a rb especially not that early...We have the #4 rushing attack in the league that will be way better with a descent passing attack
Where is cornerback help and linebacker
Defense wins
Dont understand the webzone obsession with garapolo. didnt he only start like 4 games this season......do i even need to mention he has sat behind the best qb in the game on the team with the best offensive coaching staff in the league. no way to know how hed do on other teams. the patriots make average joes look like heroes.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Chubb returning for Senior season.

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:
Dont understand the webzone obsession with garapolo. didnt he only start like 4 games this season......do i even need to mention he has sat behind the best qb in the game on the team with the best offensive coaching staff in the league. no way to know how hed do on other teams. the patriots make average joes look like heroes.

Me neither. Feels like another Osweiler.

Better off spending a second on a high-risk/high-upside rookie QB or someone a lot cheaper.

Jimmy would be better than anyone we could draft this year. Has gotten to learn from a very good Qb and coaching staff for the past # of years. I would be very happy to pick him up for a 2nd.
Yes he has only started 3 games. He wasn't terrible but also wasn't great. But common, you can't judge someone off of 3 games. He was also a very good College QB.

In the end I doubt our team will go after him but I hope I am wrong on that.

Yeah I'm Leary of the guy too and his play in that system. I could see the Browns trying to grab him up as well.

Because any QB we take will take about 1-2 years to develop if they ever do which means signing a bridge QB. Or you start the rookie and hope he has thick skin. Jimmys college tape looks better than all the current prospects this year.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Not good sorry
1wr in f-agency
1wr in the draft is enough for now
We have too many needs to go heavy on one position
We really don't need a rb especially not that early...We have the #4 rushing attack in the league that will be way better with a descent passing attack
Where is cornerback help and linebacker
Defense wins

So your saying the 49ers are 1 offseason from competing? Cause I'm seeing a 3+ year rebuild. Some building blocks this year. Hyde hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy due to his running style and our run first philosophy. Getting Chubb who now is going back in the 3rd round would have been a absolute steal. Now with him returning to school I wouldn't mind looking at Cornerback maybe if Jordan Lewis fell to the 3rd. Or looking at Devonte Fields cause I'm losing faith in Lynch. As far as ILB Beckwith would be a possibilty in the 3rd but I like Ray Ray personally.

You watch him in college? He was a 2nd rd pick for a reason...he's not matt Cassel who was a backup in college and 7th rd pick, if Jimmy G was in this draft he'd be the best qb in the draft, it's a bonus he's been developed by a really coaching staff and learned behind a HOF qb.
Share 49ersWebzone